
It’s that wonderful time of year that somewhat poor people with lots of kids love…tax season! We are still in the “big refund” category, so I really do love this time of year. Our taxes seem to get more complicated every year. G.J.’s uncle used to do them for us. Then they invented Turbo Tax or Tax Cut and now I “pretend” to be an accountant. I love to be independent in doing them, but sometimes it is not worth it. The main problem is…I get SOOO nervous while doing them. I am so worried that I am going to get audited or make a huge mistake or something. I am 100% honest on my taxes, and I have receipts to back everything up, but I still can’t help to worry. I have to have every single thing in a special file all in order and organized. Then I have to have the kids and G.J. away from me for like 2 hours while I go over and over making sure I did it right.
This year I was going to have my friend Dana who is an accountant do them for us. She has a job doing them, does them for tons of friends and family, so I decided not to bug her- big mistake…I would have saved myself a lot of trouble. I went with the good ol’ Tax Cut from H & R block. I am still waiting for one form to come from the bank but so far we are getting $2700 + back from federal BUT we have to pay $111 to State…oh well.
It is so nice to get a refund. We can save most of it, add to our food storage, and spend a little too. So to all of you who endured this boring post…Happy Tax Season, and have a great day!
5 comments:
We already got ours back.... ne ner ne ner ne ner.... JK
KY taxes everything like crazy....
I love this time of year too. We always get a refund but it's quite small. I'm excited to see if this year we will get a bigger break this year. It's always a nice perk. I could never do my own taxes. I freak out about just giving him my information that something might not be right.
That will be a nice refund! I guess we need to have more kids so we can get a bigger one. LOL. We do Turbo Tax, too.
when Kevin and I got married I didnt know how well "he" was at saving, since he had debt! so I have always had him claim zero, before we had B&K we always took a BIG vacation (to London/Ireland, Hawaii, Mexico ect) now we just keep it the same so we have christmas money or bills or what ever, I know its not earning interest but we are spending it either. We are getting 7600 back. WOO HOO.
Yay for you! We are getting very little taxes back because of the job that I have... we pay taxes at the end of the year. I guess I should be grateful that we aren't paying any taxes, but it is always nice to get the extra money. Be sure to spend a little to reward yourself for your hard work and success at your weight loss and nutrition goals!
Post a Comment