Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weigh in Wednesday, and another First.



Well thank goodness I am down another 1 pound. That means I have lost 6.5 lbs overall, and have 17.5 until my goal. I was beginning to get worried. I was really frustrated with the small amount of weight lost the week before. Even though a pound is not much, it adds to the total, and it was not a pound gained, so that is all that matters.

I worked really really hard last week. I woke up yesterday morning and allowed myself the once weekly weigh in on my scale. According to it I hadn’t lost ANY weight…and I was NOT happy. I moped around all day pretty angrily. Then I had to go get groceries. My first mistake was going when I was hungry. My second mistake was being in a very bad weight loss mood. I noticed a pack of freshly made heart shaped donuts with yummy pink frosting and sprinkles. I included a visual above for you!...lol. Well, I couldn’t pass them up. I bought the box, headed to the car and took not 1 but 2 out and gobbled them up in seconds. It wasn’t until I got home, took a drink, and then it hit me…I HATE DONUTS! I just knew they were bad for you and I needed to be a rebel for a minute. I got the worst stomach ache…lesson learned. Next time I will choose something I actually like…lol.

Anyways, I am not a very happy person when I am dieting and exercising. I know that I should be, and sometimes-like when the weight is falling off and I actually feel and look lighter, I am happy. Most of the time though, I am really ornery. I told someone once that it is a lot more fun being fat sometimes. As pathetic as it sounds, food really does make me happy. I am not a binge eater by any means. Nor do I gorge on whole bags of chips, gallons of ice cream, or anything like that. I just like food in general…and when I have to limit myself I get a little cranky.

My cute friend Kyndi (who I am in a weight loss challenge thing with) brought me the cutest magnet the other day. It is on my fridge and it says, “Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!” Isn’t that so so true! So, I will keep it up. Hopefully ever pound I lose is a pound that will never be on my body again.

On a different note, I went to my first Autism Support Group meeting last night. I was SO nervous. First off, it was at Northeastern Counseling Center. I felt so weird going there…like I was committing myself to craziness or mental illness or something. It was good though. There were quite a few people there. To know that we all had something in common was great. My favorite pediatrician Dr. Pollary was the speaker. I really have a special bond with him…as gay as that sounds. He has been through a lot with me with my kids and their many ailments over the past 6 years that he has been in Vernal. I truly admire him, and trust him. It was good to see and listen to him in a different atmosphere.

I was also worried that it would be a crying/pity party type of meeting. It kind of was for some people, but for the most part, it wasn’t. The last thing I need is a poor poor me attitude when dealing with Kayler. It does not make anything better. My friend Jill (who has a fully autistic son) put it best. She said that as soon as you feel sorry for yourself and become hopeless about your situation, you become useless to the growth and development of your child. I think that is so true. Granted I am going to have rough days, I just need to keep on trying. Things will get better. I love Kayler so so much (along with my other kids!) I am getting ready right now to take him to one of his weekly therapy groups. He really likes this class, so it is fun to see him learn and grow. The next autism group is in April. We are meeting everyone’s kids then, so that will be very interesting. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...

You go girl! That is so awesome to be loosing pounds! Don't beat yourself up to much for mistakes cause that doesn't help much when dieting! Just learn and move on, as you have! :) You are a really good mother and I just want you to know that! Thanks for sharing!

Janice {Run Far} said...

GOod luck with the meeting. I love Dr Pollary too. He is a great man. I am so happy you lost another pound, you go girl. I had a BAD (wish I could make that bad really big) week last week. Depression, school being closed, 10 day period all added up and I was a freaking mess. I am so glad last week is over and I can start over with my eating and everything. Good luck this week, work hard, be good and think thin.
{{{HUGS}}}

Kelli said...

K, read this back to yourself, I know it had to do with Kayler but think of it in "our" diet mind frame and insert your name where Kaylers is. Ok, it wont cut and copy so I will just email it to you. Hugs

Kyndi said...

I had my magnet hanging up my "before" pic when my VT's came over-talk about embarrassing! I noticed them looking back to the fridge alot and then realized-hello-fat girl (I look extra slumpy/overweight/frumpy housewife so that hopefully my "after can be some improvement...) in plain view of any visitors!! I moved my pic but left the magnet up cuz it is helping to remind me of my skinny dreams a smidge...keep it up-you're doing much better than me!!

Candace and Brian said...

I saw a flyer for that and figured you would be going. I'm glad they are getting things like that around here to help out so many people.
I'm like you.....I hate dieting. When I try to cut something out it makes me crave it more so I just realize all things in moderation. If you really didn't like the doughnuts you could have shared.:)
Thanks for coming today. Even if you decide you don't want to do it I like having you there today.
Talk to you latre!

Candace and Brian said...

I saw a flyer for that and figured you would be going. I'm glad they are getting things like that around here to help out so many people.
I'm like you.....I hate dieting. When I try to cut something out it makes me crave it more so I just realize all things in moderation. If you really didn't like the doughnuts you could have shared.:)
Thanks for coming today. Even if you decide you don't want to do it I like having you there today.
Talk to you latre!

Anonymous said...

Good job on sticking to the weight loss! I am trying to do the same...I suck at it. I love sweets! Your the best mommy!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I think the support group is great. It is nice to know that you aren't alone-no matter what it is you're dealing with. I need a support group for sassy, moody terrible two, almost three, way to emotional toddler-girl.:) This age is a tough one for me. Dieting/loosing weight-SUCKS!!! Hand in there. BTW-it was fun to see you yesterday.

Wonderland Girl said...

I would not have passed up those donuts either because they are too cute! :)

Ramanda said...

Your weigh in wednesday is a huge inspiration to me! I, unfortunately, do not have Jean Marie so I am attempting it all on my own and you, my friend, give me that motivation to keep going!