Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summertime :)

Summertime is the best....seriously, the best. When my kids were younger, I was a person who needed to remain on a very very strict schedule. Especially with naps and bed time. Now that they are older...I could care less about what time we wake up, go to sleep, etc. I love not having the kids in school with a set schedule and a constant list of “to-do's” Sure, we are still busy and all, but in a fun way. Summer is going by way too quickly, but I feel like we are enjoying it to the fullest.

So after my last post...I felt guilty yet again for posting such a personal frustration rant. I think I need to re mention that the person who sent the finances message said they were just wanting to "know the truth" after talking to a member of my family. So whether they are just as guilty as the supposed family member who was trash talking remains to be known. Oh well---seriously, oh well. I'm over it. Forgive, forget, move on.

Speaking of forgiveness...I allowed myself a very small treasure this summer. I had been eying this special print by Greg Olson for some time. I just felt guilty spending $250 on myself:



It has such a deep personal meaning to me, and I love it. I can't stop looking at it. It has a quote that reads:

"With a broken heart and a contrite spirit, we can receive forgiveness and learn from our mistakes. Part of what we may learn in the process is that happiness comes not only from receiving forgiveness, but also from extending it!" - Greg Olsen

Other than that....I enjoyed a little getaway this week to SLC for shopping, visiting family and friends, and a foot Dr. appt. I will update on that later. I am too busy enjoying the sunshine to take too much time blogging :)

4 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love that print. I think I should treat myself to that as well... hee hee

Candace and Brian said...

So glad things are going well. I LOVE that picture. When life slows down make some time for me. :)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I love that picture too. Glad you guys are enjoying your summer. Those messages you got were pretty crazy. Especially the financial one. Good crap. It is no ones business how or where some gets their money or what they buy with it. Hope it all works out for you.

Kassi Luck said...

LOVE _ LOVE _ LOVE the picture!! I look forward to visiting this week on the mtn!! See you soon!!