Last weekend I was able to go to Spanish Fork and spend Friday through Sunday with my friend Nikki and her sweet new baby girl June who was born on October 20th. She is absolutely adorable. It filled my tiny baby void in my life, and I was also able to play with her very smart and very cute little girl Nevie. I got pictures of June, and then my camera broke and I didn’t get any of Nevie.
We were able to talk, relax, shop, eat, play, and just be us…if that makes sense. So that leads me to my first thing I am grateful for:
-Friends-I am so grateful for the friends I have made throughout my life. I have friends from when I was a little girl, friends from elementary school, middle school, junior high, high school, and friends that I have made since I have been married. I have friends that I talk to often, friends that I only talk to once in awhile, and I am grateful for every single one of them. They all keep me sane and happy and I appreciate all of you very much!
-Husband-I have a wonderful husband. He let me go this weekend without one question. He took care of everything at home. He loves me unconditionally and is so sweet to me. He is my very best friend. He is so smart. I am so amazed by him and his talents. I love him and I am so grateful that I have him as my eternal companion
-Parents-My parents are so awesome. They helped out with Kayler while I was gone this weekend. They are always there for me…they have been my whole life, and especially now that I have a family of my own. My mom is the ever present worry wart of the family, but it is nice to have someone who cares so deeply. My dad is always available to have fun with my kids. They would do anything for me, and I love them so very much for the life they provided for me, and for the life they are able to give my kids.
-In-laws-My in-laws helped with Hallie and Gavin this weekend. They are also so helpful and kind to our little family. We are lucky to have them around. My mother in law is the best cook you will ever find. She would drop anything to help us. My father in law is very quiet, but so reliable and helpful. My kids love them both so much.
-Safe travels-I was able to travel so safely this weekend. Not only this weekend, but through all my past traveling experiences I have been so safe, and for that I am SO grateful.
-Kids-I am beyond grateful for 3 beautiful healthy, happy, precious children. Being a mom is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done. My job is never over, my worries never cease…but neither does my joy and happiness in them. They are just perfect, and I am so lucky and happy to have them.



-School-I am so grateful for the schools and teachers that help with my kids. I literally trust these people with part of my kid’s upbringing each and every day…and that is huge to me. I am so happy for the good job they do. Not to mention, it is very refreshing to have them be gone…as bad as that sounds. They go and learn, and then they come home so excited to share it all with me. Then I can be mom, and teach them about life and friends and the church.
So there you have it….Week 2 of the many things I am very grateful for!
9 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great weekend. I was hoping you would. YOur house seemed quiet. Family is amazing to always be there and help out. Love the kids new school pictures. So So cute!
Sounds like you had a Wonderful Weekend! Love you kids school pic's they are adorable! I'm still awaiting our get together when and where that will be!
Oh, that little baby June is sooo cute! What a head of hair. And, your kids pictures are so cute too. I love how the backgrounds match their shirts! We need to take a trip to Spanish Fork TOGETHER sometime!
WOW! What an exciting week!! I didnt know Nikki had another baby. She is so cute! I am so glad you were able to go spend time with her. You kids' school pictures are adorable. What cute kids you have!!! Loved your post!
Yeah, she had her baby! I always wonder cause unless I'm doing something wrong, she hasn't updated her blog since she was first pregnant! You guys are so cute. Their school pics turned out ADORABLE!!!
Sounds like a fun weekend. It's always good to get together with good friends!
What a fun weekend!! It is so nice sometimes to take a break, get a breather and be ready to start fresh again... :)
I sure am grateful you are my friend.... love ya
lots of great thankfuls! cute kids pictures!
Post a Comment