We had a wonderful sacrament meeting on Sunday. My kids were nice for once, and I really enjoyed all the talks. We also had great lessons in Sunday School and Relief Society, and I was able to decide on my 7 things for week 3 of my Grateful November’s Thankful Tuesday’s!
1. My Food Group. I think I have mentioned it on here before, but I only cook dinner for my family 1 DAY A WEEK!!!! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday meals are brought in by my good friends and great cooks Cindi Putnam, Dana Durham, and Stephanie Tucker. I don’t even know where to begin to tell you how much stress, time, and worry this takes off me. It is not even 10 a.m. and I have dinner in my fridge ready to go for tonight. Of course the day I cook is a little stressful, and I always worry about what I cook, but it is so worth it. Then we usually have enough leftovers for lunches, Fridays, and Saturdays, and then we go to our parent’s house on Sundays. I love it!
2. Speaking of Church…..My kids all have a thing where they like to have a turn sitting on my lap during sacrament meeting. So I have to balance the time…not cause a fight/scene… and let them. G.J. jokingly leaned over and said, “when is it my turn?” About 5 minutes went by and Gavin said, “Wow Mom, Dad must Love you A LOT if he wants to sit on your lap!” I thought that was so cute and sweet of him to say. And I do love the love…hehe in our family, and I am very grateful that my kids love me and want to be close to me.
3. Speaking of cute kids, I am VERY grateful that my kids are so innocent and funny and always have something to say that keeps me on my toes. Last week the previews for the movie 2012 were all over. Then I found my kids watching a documentary on the end of the world. There was lava and Gavin says, “Wow…that lava looks real hot, bet it would burn off your arm.” Hallie on the other hand was very worried about being righteous and being saved, or being burned in that lava….and a few minutes later we found her fast and furiously reading her Book of Mormon so she would be “ready.”-sounds like G.J. and I have a little more work to do to make her feel more safe.
4. I am grateful for a home to live in. My house isn’t the biggest, newest, fanciest, most perfect home….but it is great to me, and I am thankful for every detail. I am even grateful for the kids’ stains on the carpet, knicks on the walls, and little handprints wherever I look…..I have to work hard not to get overwhelmed by it not being “perfect” but I am so happy to live here…in this part of town with great neighbors. I appreciate the fact that we bought it before all the prices skyrocketed, and that I have a wonderful place to raise my kids.
5. I am grateful for my Grandparents. I am very lucky to have 3 left. Last week we took my Grandpa Bowthorpe out to lunch for Veterans day. He served in WWII. I also take him dinner 2 times a month, call him as often as I can, and go visit as well. I was also very lucky as a child to grow up a couple houses away from my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart. I have lots of fond memories of riding my bike down there or walking with my other cousins that lived in the area. I am grateful that the lord has spared my Grandma’s health so she can still be here with us. My kids love to go visit them and their cute dog Lacy.
6. I am grateful for the Medical help and attention my family has received over the years. Sounds silly…I know, but seriously, I am so grateful. I was talking to G.J., and it seemed I was pretty normal and healthy growing up, and then I had kids and all hell broke loose. There were several occasions where my life was spared. Then my kids had so many problems. Even though things are not perfect and healthy with me-far from it actually, my kids have the normal kids stuff now…and nothing major and for that I am very grateful. I am so glad we have great health insurance and Dr.’s that we trust with our care!
7. I am very grateful for a temple in our valley. G.J. and I went Saturday night to our ward’s temple night. It was about not to happen, because Kayler threw a MAJOR fit when the babysitter came. He just kept screaming, “I want to go to church with you!!!!!” I had to pray the whole way to the temple that he would be good, and that I could relax and not dwell on what was going on at home and enjoy the pure sweet spirit of the temple. I love it there. I know we are blessed for going, and I definitely feel blessed every time I drive by and think of the beauty and serene things that take place there…and how lucky we are to have it!
So….There it is. I am sorry for the lack of pictures or visual aides to help you through my post. My camera broke, and it is sent off to see if Nikon will fix it. So I am hating not having one. I hope they get it fixed before the holiday season gets into full swing!!! Have a wonderful week!
9 comments:
WOW! What great things you have written. You have such cute kids and a great husband. I am sorry you still arent feeling well, some friend I am. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I would love to help with the kids or anything you need. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know!! Kayler can come play with Daysen anytime. When does Kayler have school?? Maybe we can find a time that will work, so you can have a break and rest!!
I love the positivity of this post! Did you get totally bummed reading my downer of a post? Ha...I guess I should be more thankful, huh?
Another great post! You do have some great things to be thankful for and it was fun reading them and thinking about the things in my life as well! Thanks! All of the kids seemed to be quite mellow in church on Sunday! PLEASE let me know what week it's GJ's turn to sit on your lap cause I'd love to see that!! :) That's Hilarious! You know... that little Hallie knows what she's doing! Whenever I feel a bit uneasy about anything or a little worried I frantically go through the Book of Mormon as well! What a great little girl!
Thanks for sharing. It's uplifting to read a post like that. :)
What wonderful things. I loved reading each and everyone of them. It was so fun and I agreed with everything you said. Love ya!
Love it girl!! ANd your house is PERFECT!! And you are an amazing person!!! I hope you're doing good!! Take care!
Kandice you are so awesome! I love reading your posts. You help me to keep things into perspective. Thanks so much!
I love the lap comment. So cute!
“Wow Mom, Dad must Love you A LOT if he wants to sit on your lap!”
This one just kills me. ha ha...
my kids fight over me too. I love you and want you to know I am thinking of you always, and you are my number 1... <3
Post a Comment