I have had a few friends start the month of November by saying things they are grateful for everyday on their blogs. Well I am not going to do it every day, but I decided to do “Thankful Tuesdays”.
I feel like I complain A LOT on my blog. I feel bad that it I am constantly venting my deepest feelings while most people just journal events and such. I decided that I am going to stop feeling bad, and just do as I please. It is my blog, my family journal, and heck, it beats a therapy bill!!! It is good for me to type it all out.
Anyways, for this month, I am going to truly try to focus on the positive, happy, wonderful blessings in my life. That is of course unless something majorly bad happens that needs to be blogged about.
So, to start my Thankful Tuesday off, I am going to list 7 things for this week I am grateful for:
1. First and foremost, My Savior Jesus Christ….Because of him, I am able to be thankful for all of the things I will list this month. I love him with every fiber of my being. I get very choked up thinking about him and what he has done for all of us.
2. Next, my eternal family. I know with all my heart we will be together forever.
3. The weather….Hello!?!?! Have you looked outside today? It seems everyone is more than happy to complain about the weather when it is bad (including myself), but my goodness, I am SO grateful for the sunshine.
4. Halloween candy. Hehe….laugh all you want, but I have a major sweet tooth! We never have candy in our house….like never, so I was so happy for the kids’ loot. I had a delicious breakfast of tootsie rolls and snickers!
5. My ward choir. I really enjoy singing. I know I am not “solo” material, but I really do like to sing, especially church songs. Our ward choir director is nothing short of amazing, and I feel very grateful to be a part of it. We started singing *gasp* Christmas songs this week…and I was so touched. I got so choked up that I couldn’t even sing.
6. My current good mood. Last week was hell….seriously, one of the hardest weeks I have had in a very long time. I made up my mind yesterday that this week would be different. I got my house cleaned, laundry done, bedding changed, and now I have nothing but fun and good things to look forward to all week.
7. The internet….I know, LAME-but it allows me to have a whole different world outside of my sheltered life here. I stay home a LOT, so it is good for me to have glimpses of the outside world, even if it is through a computer screen. I love reading all my family and friend’s blogs, and feeling like I am keeping up and caring about those I love. The trick is to not get too addicted! ;)
So there you have it….some different things to be grateful for. I am excited to constantly look for things to add to my list for the rest of the month!
8 comments:
What a great post
Great idea and what a great list! I'll look forward to next Tuesday! You're right, the weather is sooo nice. I want to try to get out and enjoy it! I agree with everything on your list!
What a great idea!! I always love reading your blog.Whether you are having a bad day or not!!! We all have those and I too need to write things out. I am going to go private soon so I can write out some of the things I would like, like the ex getting out of jail - yuck. Hope you continue to have a good week.
Love you. I dont think you complian on your post. (((hugs)))
I am personally grateful for you. YOu're an example and amazing friend!
Thank you, you've inspired me, I get down too, and just need to be thankful for just how good life really is.
Hope you guys are doing great!
That's awesome! I also would have to say that at this moment I am MOST thankful for Halloween candy...it gets me through the day :) hehe
Reading your blog is one of the highlights of my day! I am just a little bit bashful when it comes to leaving comments! Thanks for sharing your wonderful outlook on life and your sweetness. It shows through in every post!
Post a Comment