I have so many random thoughts swirling
in my head. Nothing that really matters much to anyone but me. I know that I
have a lot of blog visitors/readers...and I know who you are because
of a secret-hidden-high tech blog visit tool. Don't worry...I'm not
sad or mad that I only get an average of 1 or 2 comments a blog post.
But hey—who am I kidding. All authors like a little love...even it
if is a one or two word acknowledgement! I also do not have the
greatest record of blog commenting myself...even though I try really
hard! So...all that aside, here are some
sneak peeks inside of my brain lately.
#1- I don't love trying to lose
weight/get healthy/implement healthy eating. I hate it most days.
HATE it. I do LOVE seeing the numbers on the scale fall....but most
days I despise being fat and having to work so hard at not being fat.
The greater goal and ultimate change in the end is what keeps me
going.
#2- I just completed my
training/certification to become a substitute teacher. We could really use the money...so we decided this was the route to take. Who knew it
was so hard to do?? Well it was. And know I am thinking what in the
HELL did I just do!?!?! What if I HATE it...What if the kids EAT ME
ALIVE??? What if I don't love the kids? Let's face it, I love my own
kids the most, my nieces and nephews the next most, my friends' kids
next....and complete strangers kids are far down on the list. Sounds
like I need to work on my attitude.
#3- Have I mentioned how much I have
LOVED the weather this winter? It is awesome
#4-Tomorrow is Leap Day. February 29th.
Pretty cool if you ask me.
#5- I have a pretty great family...my
siblings, their spouses, my nieces and nephews, my parents, and of
course my amazingly funny and swell kids and beyond awesome husband.
#6- I am really nervous about our new
house. I am excited about getting to pick all the finishes and stuff
out...but it is really stressing me out and keeping me awake at night
and giving me diarrhea from worrying too much. I know TMI. Sorry.
#7- Some people in this world are
really really really awful. It makes me want to hide my kids away in
a little bomb shelter and never come out.
#8- The scriptures are the
bomb...dot.com The past couple months I have been going 30 minutes
early to pick my kids up from school. In doing so, I am able to get
in my scripture reading while Kayler is constrained in his car seat watching a movie,
eating a snack, being good. I am able to be enlightened, touched by
the spirit, and given strength to go on.
#9- School teachers are not paid
enough. I think of the teachers that have taught my kids. They have
all been awesome. I am forever indebted to them, and so grateful to
them. I feel so comfortable sending my kids to school each day.
#10- Finally....I saw this picture on
Facebook...and it REALLY got me thinking...Honestly, how true is
this?:
We are truly spared from so much heartache, tragedy, and misfortune. It is so easy to immediately be very very angry when bad things happen. I am so guilty of this. I need to focus a lot more on the things the I am spared from and handle the small trials with a lot more faith.

10 comments:
I am a horrible comment leaver, but, I sure think you are great!
Kandice, I am excited for your new house, I will have to drive by it the next time I am in Vernal. Don't stress about picking things out for it, call me and I will help you.
Kandice, I am excited for your new house, I will have to drive by it the next time I am in Vernal. Don't stress about picking things out for it, call me and I will help you.
I loved this post because I loved a lot of what you said. Glad things are going good....new house, weight loss numbers, school with the kids, and you got your certification to sub. Here's the great thing about being a sub. If you don't want to do it that day-you don't have to. You'll find quickly the teachers you like to sub for because they ahve the nice kids and you'll be set up forever. I want to go on a drive to see your new house. Maybe in March when I get back. Thanks for the reminder with the pic. I loved that!
I am a terrible commenter too!!But you always crack me up especially when you say its
"tmi" thats usually the best!!! Btw
i think you would be an awesome sub!
Hey my mom still subs and she is hecka busy. She's always having to turn teachers down. If you want me to, I will ask her to pass on your name???? Let me know or I guess you could call my mom and tell her. Whatever's clever!!!! ;)
holy crap, I haven't read blogs in forever.
I think you will do a great job subbing... and I agree, teachers don't make enough money. My mom always put her money back into her classroom.
I didn't know you were going to start subbing! I think you will love it. Being in the classroom is so much fun! Yes, there will be stinkers, but mostly just sweethearts. Great thoughts! :) I also meant to say in my last comment how cute those Valentine boxes are!
Sounds like you're keeping really busy! My mom subs at the preschool all the time and LOVES it! And this is totally off the subject, but I just wanted to tell you how pretty you look in the picture on your blog heading. Seriously, so beautiful. Have a great rest of the week :)
I'm digging the winter!!!
There.. I commented :) I'm so excited for your new house! I'm jealous and excited. Can I be both?? Good luck!
Post a Comment