Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 2012

This winter has been so pleasant. It was only yesterday evening after we went to the park at 5:30 pm. with only light jackets on...noticed other families playing softball, and breathing in the fresh air that I truly rejoiced inside at how lovely it has been.

Granted today it is snowing...but hey, it IS winter, that is when snow is supposed to come right?!? The warm days and melting snow are just wonderful. It is the fact that we don't have 2 feet + of snow and snot freezing freakin' cold temperatures that chill us to the bone day in and day out that make me happy!

I have been a blog slacker. I would like to say I had a particular reason, but I am just lazy. Here is a run down of our eventful life:



 Gavin had his Blue and Gold banquet. Our ward did an awesome job. I am so proud of all he has accomplished in scouting so far!

 These are awful pictures...but I took Hallie and Kayler (Gavin was at a bday party) to the Cosmic Bowling that the Rec. Center put on (with Emily and her kids) It was a LOT of fun!

  Hallie had her last swim meet for the season. This has been a great year for her to learn and grow. She really likes it, and has made some great friends!!!



I LOVE Valentines Day!! We had so much fun decorating the kids' Valentine Buckets. G.J. got me some beautiful tulips (and a new floor steamer :) We had a yummy candle lit family Valentine Dinner, chocolate covered strawberries, and all sorts of yummy goodies!!!

Up until this past week, we have been SO healthy. Not one complaint. I have used essential oils to Dr. up any ailment with 100% success. Then a flu/stomach bug/food poisoning from the depths of hell ravaged our house. It was that bad....like REALLY bad. Put G.J. and I at the Hospital bad....NOT GOOD.

You see...we went to ward temple night Wednesday evening feeling perfectly fine. We arrived home at 7:07 pm to be exact....and by approximately 7:30 we were both extremely sick. The kids were perfectly fine, which I am so grateful for, but us, not so much. I would throw up every 10-15 minutes with the pee out your butt diarrhea that made my stomach hurt so bad (your welcome for that exciting visual). This went on ALL NIGHT LONG....seriously not one moment of relief for either of us. No sleep...nothing. Just plain misery. The only relief I could get was to curl up in a ball on the shower floor...flowing vomit and poo out of both either end and let water wash it away (again, your welcome) G.J. got strong enough to get the kids ready for school, then he came home and said we were going to the hospital. He NEVER gets sick...and if he does...seeking medical attention is never ever an option for him, so I knew he felt it was serious. It wasn't the vomiting or diarrhea that pushed us over the edge, but both of our backs were hurting so bad that no matter what position we would lay in we had no relief. It was just awful.

We must have looked pretty pathetic walking in the ER. We told the lady we would both like to be seen. We both had low blood pressure, fevers, were really dehydrated, and they said the back pain was actually our kidneys shutting down from the shock of the dehydration. So sadly we had to be put in different rooms, but the nurse was nice enough to keep us both updated on how each other was doing. They started pouring in the IV fluids, anti nausea meds, and pain meds for our backs. 

As I was lying there...I couldn't help but wonder how my sweet Georgie was. I hadn't seen him this sick probably ever...so of course I was worried, and felt helpless since I was so sick and not able to help him. It made me think of a quote Pres. Hinckley had said once:

We got there at 9 am, and after almost 3 liters of fluid each....we finally had a tiny trickle of pee and they let us go home close to 3 pm. When we checked out the lady who had checked us in at the front said that was probably the most expensive date we had ever been on! She was right, and we got ripped off since we weren't even in the same room :)

G.J. recovered much more quickly than I did. I am still feeling pretty tired and nauseous. Hallie and Gavin seem to be doing OK, but my poor Kayler has it today. (sunday)

So---until next time---Use this little quote as a friendly reminder!!! :)
I hope your families all are doing well and staying healthy...lots of love to you!

5 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Oh man that breaks my heart because I didn't know. I have turned into the worst friend ever....or maybe always have been. The stomach flu has bene crazy wild here in Vernal. It's made it's rounds through my family over and over each time with a sligth different strain. I loved all your otehr pics and updates. Looks like your kids are doing well. Let me know if you need anything.

Candace and Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi J said...

ha! Thanks for the visuals. Just what I needed. A great laugh :) Sorry you were so sick! I really hope we don't get this.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Oh sis, I don't even know what to say...that sucks!! I love your top family picture you look beautiful. That should make you feel better!!

Karlee said...

Holy cow!!! That is awful! I can't believe that they didn't atleast let you share a bed! :)