On January 25th, we went to
Salt Lake for 3 reasons:
#1-Hallie had an appointment with an
allergist to see why she always has a snotty nose (I think we got it
all figured out)
#2-It was G.J.'s 30th
Birthday!!!! He is now a hot sexy old man ;) We were able to
celebrate with all of his family!!
#3-Since we would all be in one place
at one time, G.J.'s mom wanted family pictures. Since we just had
family pictures last fall (just of our little family) I wasn't too
thrilled with the idea....but it is very rare for G.J.'s family to
all be together. Soooo we did. (We ended up missing 1 sister, 1
brother in law, 1 niece, and 2 nephews...)
We celebrated G.J.'s Birthday and the 5
other January birthdays at Tucanos at the Gateway. It was yummy! G.J.
had a cake that read, “Here Lies My Youth...” lol :)
Our pictures were quite the fiasco.
First off.....Who to get for a photographer that does large groups.
G.J.'s cousin had a friend that was supposedly a great photographer.
After viewing her website
http://www.adoremephotos.com/, she looked legit...and so I was excited.
We were going to have our pictures done
at the Utah State Capitol and the grounds surrounding it...pretty
cool right?!?! Well....we all thought that too until we realized that
Legislature was back in session and that place was PACKED. We found a
cute little spot and got the only outdoor shot of my family. Then
G.J.'s nephew and his wife showed up with their 2 boys. One is 14
months, the other 2 months, and they didn't want them taking pictures
outside.....they pretty much refused to even get out of the car...
awkward right? I understand since it is winter and all, but it was 50
degrees and sunny that day, whatever :)
I felt so bad for our
photographer....she obviously had planned to do natural light
photography, and what do you do when you are standing in the middle
of a very busy place with almost 30 people who are ready to have
their pictures taken but we don't know where to go???
We finally ended up at the Salt Lake
City Library. It is such a cool building. We had to settle on a stair
case for all the pictures. I wasn't all that impressed with the
pictures. I'm not being rude...but I just like outside pictures
better. So, it is the memories that count right?!?!
So here is G.J.'s big, blended,
complicated family!!!:
 |
| The Whole Group |
 |
| G.J.'s sister Lisa, her husband Matt, and their girls Kelsey and Kenzie |
 |
| G.J.'s nephew Tanner, his wife Jess, and their boys Fallon and Owen |
 |
| All the Grand-kids (minus 3) |
 |
| Grandma and the Grand-kids |
 |
| G.J.'s brother Lenny, his wife Melissa, and their daughter Tia |
 |
| Len, Melissa, Tanner, Tia, Jess, and the boys |
 |
| G.J.'s sister Lorrie, (her hubby was working) and their kids Katlyn and Joey |
 |
| George and Rosanne with their His, Hers, and ours! George has Danne, Leisha and Amber(she wasn't there) Rosanne had Lenny, Lisa, and Lorrie...and then George and Rosanne got married and had G.J. |
 |
| Kayler and Joey |
 |
| All the Adults |
|
 |
| Our family |
 |
| G.J.'s sister Leshia and her husband Danny |
 |
| G.J.'s sisters Leshia and Danne (Danne has never been married) |
|
 |
| George and his kids |
 |
| Grandma and pa |
 |
| G.J. and his siblings from Rosanne |
 |
| Rosanne and her kids |
 |
| G.J.'s brother Lenny and his adorable Grandsons! |
Sooo. did you get all that!?!? I told you, big, blended, and complicated is a way to describe it all!!!
2 comments:
I'll admit I was a bit confused but it was fun to see GJ's family and put faces to names you talk about. I loved your personal family photo!
Family pictures are never fun! I think that photographer really pulled it off with those indoor ones! They look really nice. I'm like you and like outdoor too, but I really like those ones. It's fun to see Gj's fam! He has a beautiful family!
Post a Comment