We went on a very spur of the moment vacation. We are saving our money for our house...so going on a vacation was not part of our plan. When my brother Kris offered us all his sky miles...185,000 to be exact...that saved us $3700 on airfare...we could not pass it up. We got a STEAL of a deal on our all inclusive resort. So we had a bit of money for souvenirs...and over the course of a few days/week it was planned and we were on our way to warm and sunny Puerto Vallarta!!!
I should let G.J. be the one to journal this. His memory is a bit
better...and accurate...but since he is being nice and doing the dishes I
will do my best!
 |
| We were pretty excited that it snowed the morning we left. We said goodbye snow..... |
 |
| and HELLO Sunshine all in the same day! My kids LOVED The beach to put it mildly :) |
 |
| This was the balcony of our room at the Resort...very pretty view of the ocean, you could hear the waves crashing! |
 |
| This was the view the other direction. |
 |
| This is the view from the elevator-it was so cool to watch as you went up and down! |
 |
| This was at our resort... |
 |
| Another resort picture |
 |
| The Sunsets were so beautiful! |
 |
| The view from the beach to our resort |
 |
| Kayler was STOKED to find Mr. Krab's at our dinner table...that is until he realized he was dead ;) |
 |
| Grandpa Kenny was a HUGE help! |
 |
| Daddy and Hallie boogie boarding |
 |
| Hallie became an expert boogie boarder. She is a little fish....we had to drag her out of the water every time. |
 |
| Kayler was an expert sand dollar finder. He loved the ocean. |
 |
| Did I mention how big of a help Grandpa was?? |
 |
| I wish I could say that was me...but I wasn't about to do that! |
 |
| Gavin was my expert sand castle maker. |
 |
| The kids got so tired. This is them snuggling in our room watching a movie |
|
| It was so hard to capture the perfect sunset picture. I am no photographer, so this is the best we got! |
 |
| Hallie painted Kayler a mustache out of chocolate |
 |
| I didn't realize it was going to be whale season. It was absolutely amazing/magical. They are just SO big...and I feel so lucky we saw it! |
 |
| These birds were everywhere. |
 |
| Sea Lion running in front of us |
 |
| Pirate ship |
 |
| Dolphins (these were at a little resort thing, but we did see a lot in the wild) |
 |
| The kids saying hi to the dolphins |
 |
| Las Caletas---amazing little cove thing we went to for lunch and kids activities |
 |
| Mr. Krabs....alive this time. |
 |
| Holding Monkey's |
 |
| Got their faces painted....quite interestingly ;) |
 |
| Getting ready for ziplining |
 |
| A little monkey business |
 |
| Riding Donkeys to the top of the mountain. Hallie's Donkey was the living version of Eeyore...it was so sad! |
 |
| Their names on the wall of fame! |
 |
| Ziplining! |
 |
| View of Puerto Vallarta from the ocean |
 |
| We were on a drive to a different city when we saw these things in the wild. they were SO weird looking! They are called: Coati Mundi, a raccoon, cat, anteater looking thing. |
 |
| In a small surfing town called Sayulita |
 |
| In a very poor city called La Penita |
 |
| Success...we found Patrick and Mrs. Puff |
 |
| The pool at our resort |
 |
| All the above pictures were from our boat ride to Las Marietas Island. It had a ton of whales, cool birds, and the boat ride was fun! |
 |
| Our little towel kitty the maid left us. |
 |
| we dropped a cracker...and one bird came to eat it...then two....then like 100 swooped down! It was quite comical. |
 |
| The boys at the airport on the way home. They thought this statue was so cool. | |
|
I am beyond grateful for this chance to make priceless memories with my kids. It was only our second family vacation. Our last one was the cruise in November 2010. It seems like this day has taken FOREVER to come. While we were having kids...all of our friends were single and vacationing. My parents vacation quite often...as does my brother Kris. So my family was always the one stuck home taking care of everythign for everyone else. I realize now that it was worth the wait. All the families that I saw with young kids looked quite miserable. I decided my kids were the perfect age. They are potty trained, sleep through the night, feed themselves, entertain themselves, and are old enough to remember!
So until next time....who knows when that will be....I will just be so happy that it was finally our turn!
p.s. come back later for more pictures. My parents stayed an extra couple of days. I need to borrow their camera to get the rest of our adventure!
7 comments:
Oh how incredibly fun. I loved all the pictures and you made me crave some sunshine and sand. I laughed out loud with the pic of your Dad hauling of Kayler. I'm glad it worked out to have them along. I couldn't believe your whale pics. Amazing! Looks like you did all sorts of new and exciting things. Glad Kayler found his shells...did you have to buy them? So so fun. I think we are the family with young kids whose vacations will be miserable. I'll keep reminding myself that you said the wait is worth it. :) Glad you're home safe and sound.
Looks like a perfect vacation!! :)
I am glad it was finally your turn as well!! And yes, you have a good point about waiting until the kids are ready for it! Your kids are at perfect ages for this. They will be able to remember it and appreciate it. It looks like a very kid friendly place that you went. I will have to remember that MANY years down the road. :) How lucky to see all of those whales. Beautiful! This really makes me want to go swimming! Maybe we could have a rec center outing sometime. I know it's not the same, but it would be fun! I'm glad to hear it went so well. I am excited to see your parents pics and hopefully see you a little more in them! :) Great post!
SO MUCH FUN! It really isn't fun to take small children on vacation so while you guys are just getting into the fun family vacation age we are just starting the growing up stage. FUN FUN FUN!
There is nothing like a family vaca!!! And I say in a year when you've moved you SO earn it! Priceless!! Love me some Mexico! Glad it was so great.
I love it there. I'm glad you had a good time and got to get away. I agree with vacationing with older children. It's so much easier and fun. I can't wait to be at that point.
What a fun memorable family vacation. Loved your pictures.
Post a Comment