Wednesday, August 31, 2011

All Fun and Games!

We have truly been enjoying each and every moment we can of this time of year. I can literally smell and feel Fall in the air...and that makes me a little anxious.

We have had 3 fun events in the last few weeks.

First off, I was able to do a 5K in Alpine with a few friends and some family. The race benefited Autism Speaks, so it was very close to my heart! We had a great weekend. Only bummer....I had to be pushed in a wheel chair thanks to my foot. Talk about feeling like a big fat fattie :( I am just truly grateful for my family and friends who came. We truly did have a great time!






Next, we are really and truly enjoying our new neighborhood. We have some great neighbors. The kids are making friends and having fun riding their bikes to school and enjoying their new year at school. All of them have awesome teachers. Their school is getting close to being finished. The remodel/add on is awesome. I am a huge supporter of the public school system, and even though it is bittersweet to send them, I know they are having so much fun and learning so much!










3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Awww such cute school kids. GLad they are liking it. Glad your race went well. I think it's awesome you still did it even with your foot.

TOYA said...

Wish i couldv'e been there. you look fabulous by the way.

Janice {Run Far} said...

That pic of you and Franny is super cute. So glad you were able to go out and support a cause so close to your heart. Great Job Lady!