This summer has seriously been one of the best ones I have in my memory. We have done a little of everything. Lots of fun things outside, and not much time planted in front of a TV or saying “I’m bored….”
Sadly, next week it comes to a close as school starts for my 2 older kids, and then Kayler goes the next week….which is VERY sad for me. Sad because I don’t feel he is ready to be in Kindergarten and I am worried beyond belief, but I am trying very hard to put my trust in the school system. I'm just sad that my kids are growing up.
I am even sadder that after tonight’s “Mid-Summer’s Dream”-(see pictures below) that by tomorrow at this time I will be a gimp for awhile. My foot that has been bothering me for over 2 years is finally getting fixed. A local foot Dr. told me that my foot hurt so bad from wearing flip flops too much. Well after 2 years of wearing orthotics and good shoes and trying to be careful it still hurt. My friend Pat referred me to her foot Dr in Park City, who just happens to be the official foot and ankle surgeon for the US Ski Team made a more accurate diagnosis.
I had a small broken part in my foot…and it had been trying to heal, but not doing so correctly and it had build up a lot of scar tissue/misplaced cartilage. Along with that, my toe was practically dislocated and the ligaments were stretching and straining to keep it in the socket. After the surgery...it was even worse/different than we thought. So I ended up with a screw/pin to hold things together.
I really hope it is a quick fix and super quick and full recovery. I don’t mind the surgery itself…I just really hate being a burden on people. Mainly my sweet husband who has helped me through 10 surgeries in our 11 short years of marriage. I also hate not being 100% for my kids. I get really down thinking about the many bad strokes of luck that I have had with my health. Then I am brought back to reality that things could always be worse, and that overall I am very healthy and strong.
So……farewell (almost) *tear* to the best summer ever….I hope next Summer is just as good!
p.s. these are some random pictures of my kids and their cousins. We love going to my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's house in the summer and spending time in their beautiful yards picking fruit!
The next set is our beautiful view from the Zermatt resort in Midway where we stayed before my surgery. We got a killer deal on their very best room-the honeymoon "penthouse" and massages. We finished the night off with shopping and a yummy dinner! We figured we would take advantage of a night away in luxury since my foot is now making things pretty yucky! There are 2 pictures of it...but beware, it is nasty!
3 comments:
oh my gosh... my toes hurt from looking at that picture. Glad you are on your road to recovery, a 5k and hopefully many to come after. Love ya.
Take it easy. I know I keep saying that but I'm praying you are listening. I'm also VERY glad that you took advantage of the night before the surgery. You deserve it. Remember you're not a burden on others. They want to help...how else can we get our blessings?! Love ya and take care.
holy cow chick, I had no idea flip flops could even do that to ya! Wow! I hope you're doing good and it isn't a long recovery!! I'm glad you're summer was awesome!! That makes moving, even easier when you're just havin fun!! :)
Post a Comment