Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Anyways......

I always hate leaving blog posts such as the last one for all to see. Not that I am going to take back any of the things I wrote...because it was real. It still is, but thank goodness this week is going better....granted it is only Tuesday, but still!

My Friend Janice sent this video link to me a few weeks ago. It is awesome...well worth the watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU


So other than watching this video over and over... I need to post a few good things that have happened that have helped my mood immensely:

-I had an impromptu late night shopping trip with a good friend. You know who you are. It was just what we both needed.

-I went to a spur of the moment lunch on Saturday with a good friend who I hadn't talked to for a long time.

-My dad watched Kayler during church Sunday so that I could have my sanity for one week.

-My sweet mother and father in law who are in town for a few weeks took Kayler ALL day yesterday for me. I have no words to describe how that felt. I was able to get my laundry done, house clean, errands ran, and I even had time to waste. I was actually ready to go get him and so refreshed and ready to play and try, try again to do the best I can as his mommy. My mother in law gave me some kind words of advice....she said that I NEED to LET people help me...and accept it wholeheartedly. I didn't realize that I wasn't doing that before. But now I do.

-Today I had a cleaning client cancel..so I was able to go to the grocery store with G.J. on a date (hot date right!?!) We finished off with a Subway sandwich.

-Now I sit with an hour to spare before Kayler comes off the bus. My christmas shopping is done, I feel like I don't have the weight of the world on my shoulders....and things are looking up.

-After school Hallie and Gavin got invited to a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Searle's house, so G.J. and I are going to do something fun with Kayler.

So, Thank you faithful blog readers for not turning me into the Crazy Psych Ward or DCFS after reading my last post....

I love you all, and I hope this Christmas Season brings LOTS of good things your way!

3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Glad you are feeling better. Just keep hanging in there.

Karlee said...

Kandice!!!! I've been wanting to call you all day today and yesterday and there was always something or someone being too loud that got in my way. :( I'm so glad to hear that this week is going better! It's actually nice to hear that you are normal!! :) The best piece of advice that I have been given and that I can give is just always turn to the scriptures!! You will find the answer to anything you need... whether it be for primary, kids, husbands, work, etc, etc, etc!!! When I was primary president I had an issue and went to the stake primary president with it and all she told me was to turn to the scriptures for my answer!! Sounds cheesy, but it's true! That and shopping of course!! ;)
I looked through the cruise pictures, but haven't had time to read it yet. That'll be my reading tomorrow during breakfast! :) It looked amazing! I'd be down after leaving that too! :)
You're a great friend and I don't know what I'd do without ya!!! You've done more for me than you know! I told you last week about how frustrated I am with time going tooooo quick right now! :( We need to get together way more often! I'm excited for our "date night" next week! :) and... the Walmart date does sound nice too!!!! :)
I hope you know, but you can call me anytime!!! Any hour, anytime! If I don't answer then try again!

Karlee said...

Me again...
Just wanted to say that I made it through your cruise post just now! :) That does sound amazing! I want to go somewhere warm so bad. I miss living by the ocean sooooo much and going to the beach. That didn't help to see all the beautiful pictures! :) I love the story of Kayler on the plane looking for his umbrella and Care Bears! He's smart! Looks and sounds like such a fun time! I am so glad you guys got to do that. When Donny went on a cruise as a kid he did witness a man die... crazy huh! This man had a heart attack in the pool. Donny hasn't ever forgot that. :(