It wasn’t until the Prophet spoke today about gratitude that I realized I needed to post my feelings.
This past week I have had the pleasure to be in the company of almost all of my closest friends. I have had 4 individual girls’ nights out with 4 different great friends. I had 5 phone conversations with great friends. I didn’t fully convey to each one of these great friends how much our nights out and conversations meant to me. They will never know how much I needed each unique night out, each unique conversation. It was truly an answer to my prayers-and only Heavenly Father and myself know how inspired each of these great friends were to think of me this past week….it was very appreciated, needed, and I will never forget. I also need to thank my sweet husband who willingly gave up his own time and needs to let me go out.
I have always considered myself to be a very grateful person. I don’t think it is prideful of me to say that I truly do take the time to notice the beauty of nature, say a silent thanks for modern conveniences, or send a prayer heavenwards when things go smoothly. I also always try to thank the lord for the big and even the smallest things in my life as I pray to him. I think this is a quality I learned from my Dad.
After attending a rather strange Enrichment night…I have been pondering something the speaker said. She said that- “depression is a silent tantrum.” She went on to say that depression is caused by us over-analyzing the things that go wrong in our lives. We are unable to let whatever it might be go…therefore we become depressed.
While I do somewhat agree with that, the more I think of it...I realize she was wrong- I have learned through my own experience that depression is an illness-and sometimes those unwelcome “tantrums” are beyond our control. I hate when I feel depressed, because at the same time I feel ungrateful for the wonderful life I lead.
So….that is one of the MANY things that I need to work on. No more silent tantrums, to be constantly thankful and mindful of my blessings, and to keep the private promises I have made to myself and the Lord.
I took these pictures yesterday evening while spending the day at my parents’ house. I love the fall colors. I also have been paying special attention to sunrise and sunsets lately. I find such hope in the beginning of a new day, and the close of another…knowing that each day brings opportunity to do good and to try, try again.:
We finished our wonderful conference weekend off with picking apples at my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's house. My grandpa loves his apple trees, and takes great pride in them. It was so special to have him out there helping lift the kids up to get the "best" one. They taste SO yummy! I love this time of year :)

Have a wonderful day!!!
7 comments:
Love the post!! How right you are. I need to show my gratitude more often and stop my silent tantrums. Thanks for the post!!
I come from a family that struggles with depression so therefore I have seen it firsthand so I'd have to disagree with the silent tantrum saying. However, I do agree that the majority of us probably do have silent tantrums when we pity ourselves but I love your thoughts on each day we just try to do better! Loved your post!!
Just wanted you to know that I thought about you several times this past week! I struggle with depression so I know how it is! Hope all is well with you and want you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for you posts!
One thing I do miss about Vernal is FALL- we aren't getting to see all the leaves change out here and honestly its my favorite time of year, with how the air feels and how the leaves look I LOVE the pics you took. Oh and fresh perfect Apples. Sounds like you had an AWESOME weekend!!
What a sweet post! I want to go apple picking too!!! :) We are going to have to bug you to take us so we can get a taste of Nova Scotia back. We used to go out there every year to the beautiful orchards! I miss it!
What a beautiful post and I loved the pictures!! Along with your gratitude I can say I'm extremely grateful for you and the wonderful friend you are to me. I love ya!
I love you girlie. I hope I was one of those great friends you are refering to as far as a phone conversation..... I miss you!
Post a Comment