Wednesday, September 29, 2010

10 year old Angel!

Hallie enjoyed celebrating with 13, yes I said THIRTEEN of her closest friends at a slumber party. I tried to take lots of pictures, but since I was the lone adult trying to keep it all together I didn't get too many!





We did cake decorating, nails, hair, makeup, had lots of snacks, movies, and giggles! They were asleep by 1 or so....and up at the crack of dawn, we fed them breakfast and sent them on their way!

I think for that many girls things went exceptionally well. There was no drama, fights, or tears. I think this is the last year I can get away with that before the hormonal years kick in and then let the real fun begin!

I will say however that Hallie is very mature for her age. She is small, but I forget that she is almost a year older than most the girls in her class. She is such a sweetheart and was so polite, gracious, and kind to her friends. I was so glad that I could let her do this, even though I was cringing at the MESS!

We celebrated her actual birthday yesterday, the 28th. The whole day just seemed bittersweet. My baby girl was 10! I have been working out at the Rec. Center every Tues, Wed, and Thurs. from 5:45-7:15 so on the way home I was able to witness the sunrise. I couldn't help but get emotional as I realized that it was 10 years ago that I became a mother to this little angel.

Last night was the usual family party. She was spoiled rotten and so grateful for all the fun things she got! I had my usual lady in Tabiona make her cake. It turned out AMAZING!

Kayler as usual was the life of the party. He kept putting hats on my grandparents. I caught this picture of my Grandpa as "luigi" I didn't capture the one of my Grandma as "woody"!





There haven't been too many more important/noteworthy happenings around here. It just seems we are busy busy keeping up with life. We are SO enjoying this sunshine. The days are seriously perfect. I love this time of year. September is really a great month!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

Happy birthday Hallie!!!!!!
What a cute cake and she IS a beautiful girl!

Brett and Diane said...

What a great birthday. I can't get over that cake it's amazing! I'm super impressed with your workout routine, wow!

Kassi Luck said...

I am glad all went well with the slumber party!! Did you ever see the pics of Kayler and my dad at the reunion. I will have to email them to you!! They are adorable!!

Karlee said...

You're right... that was a sweet cake! I love it! It looks yummy too. Hallie really is a sweet girl. I just love her! I can't belive you have a child in the double digits now! You old woman! :) Good thing you're getting lots of work done at the gym! :) Some of my favorite memories growing up were my friend slumber parties! Those were the best! Looks like a wonderful birthday! Tell her Happy Birthday from the Allred's! Did she get some birthday money to help out with the puppy?

Candace and Brian said...

Happy Birthday Hallie. She is one sweet girl. BTW I didn't know you were going to the Rec Center. Way to go!!! 5:45 I'm so impressed!!!

Kelli said...

I dont think I could stay up that late with that many girls (giggles, loudness) your the best mom!