Sunday, October 17, 2010

Someday I will laugh.....

So I checked my camera card and realized I hadn’t blogged about the Daddy Daughter date that Hallie and G.J. went on. It was western themed paired with games, a dinner, a speaker, and it was set up SO cute!:



Last Wednesday we headed to Salt Lake for several different reasons. We house/dog sat my brothers house while he was away. My mom kept Kayler for Wednesday and Thursday, so it was nice to pay my undivided attention to Hallie and Gavin for once. G.J. had a lot of work to do in Salt Lake, so the kids and I just did a variety of things.

On Friday, the highlight of Gavin’s trip was Lagoon! It was so cute set up for Halloween and Frightmares! 3 of my sisters-in-law and 4 nieces and 1 nephew joined us. I forget how much FUN Lagoon is! Especially when there are no strollers, diapers, bottles, or frequent potty breaks involved! It was busy since it was UEA, and poor Hallie had a ride in a wheelchair because of her broken foot. That proved to be a BONUS! They let us on the rides sooner and we got to ride 2 times in a row, the kids (and adults!) thought that was awesome.

I don’t know if I should be concerned or not…lol-but my Gavin LOVED the Haunted Houses they had set up. They said they weren’t for kids, but he insisted on going with the grown ups and he thoroughly enjoyed them! I found it very funny that Hallie refused the haunted things, but loved the Roller Coasters. Gavin was just the opposite...hated roller coasters but couldn't get enough of the creepy things!:




After a late and very tiring day at Lagoon, G.J.’s mom brought Kayler out to us. He was so happy to see us! We woke up bright and early on Saturday to head to North Salt Lake to throw a baby shower for my soon to be Great-Nephew….boy does that make me feel old! ;) It turned out great:



And for Hallie’s favorite reason for our trip: we finally picked up her long awaited beloved puppy Mollee:



The drive home was so easy. The dog didn’t wake up once, and the kids were good for the most part. We arrived home to a nice clean house only to dirty it after we unpacked from 4 days of adventure. The worst part was we discovered that Hallie had LICE-……can you say GROSS!?:



I had heard it was going around…but never in a million years thought we would get it. Only dirty people get lice right? Well that is not true-apparently Lice LOVE clean homes and clean heads of hair. So after some research on the internet, Hallie and I had to soak our hair in Listerine and Vinegar under the shower caps for 1 hour. Then we had a shower with Lice shampoo, coconut shampoo and conditioner, and finished by coating our hair in baby oil and combing the little critters out for hours…. As we were soaking in our shower caps...I was SO frustrated-but then just started laughing and had G.J. take the very unflattering picture above. Hence my title-someday I will laugh at this right????!!! We didn’t find any in my hair, but Hallie had quite a few. G.J. and the boys are clean, but lets hope and pray our fluffy little puppy doesn’t get them!

So there you have the Reader’s Digest version of our happenings over the past few days!

9 comments:

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Oh, I can only IMAGINE your horror about the lice...you,the cleanest person on the PLANET! LOL. I am sorry. That is my worst fear,but it can happen to anyone, especially clean people! I hear they stay away from hair that has a bunch of product or dirt in it, and go for the clean hair. So don't feel bad!

I'm glad you had fun at Lagoon! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do that sort of thing without all the fuss!

Karlee said...

ha ha ha I LOVE that picture of you two in your caps! Definitely an experience you won't forget! I hope you cleaed it all out! If they like clean places then you better really watch out!
They puppy is adorable and I am so glad we got to come see her in person! Dogs are the greatest and I think all kid need their own! I like the collages too! I had a dream about it last night after we talked about it... and in my dream blogger was awesome and not so crappy!!! :)

Candace and Brian said...

Glad you had such a great trip and Molly is back home with you. SOrry about the Lice!!! Yuck. It's life though.

Nathan and Shanna said...

Glad you had a good trip and got Mollie. Love the picture of you two in your caps. I hope you got it all.

Kassi Luck said...

Lice, YUCK!! At least you got a great pic right!! Love it!! Sounds like lagoon was a hit. I dont know if I would enjoy the creepy spooky stuff. Sounds like you had lots of fun though. The puppy is soooo cute!!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

That is the biggest grin I have ever seen on Hallie's face. Molly is so sweet, thanks for bringing her by for me to see.

Wonderland Girl said...

Lice is a pain!! Sadie had it last year... and yeah, i had thought it would never happen to us too.(Sadie!! Her hair?! Give me a break - the last thing I wanted to do on Mother's Day was comb lice out of her 6 ft long hair)

Good news is, you're right, when you get thru it, it's really not that big of a deal. :) I was so embaressed at the time. Social stigma. haha.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love the puppy and love the name.

I haven't had lice since I was really young, and so far my kids have not brought it home from school. Thank goodness.

I can't believe how old you are.... a great aunt. LOL... love ya

Kelli said...

I thought you were just being supportive to your daughter and doing it together. You are such a good mom