First off, I need to give a shout out to my precious baby girl Hallie. She is seriously SO dang cute. Not to mention she is so innocent, smart, and just an all around GOOD girl. I am so so very lucky. She turns 10 next Tuesday, so she is celebrating with a slumber party this Friday with 15 girls. Yes…I will have 10-15 9 and 10 year olds. I am CRAZY. She started out with only 2….and the list grew to 15 because she didn’t want to leave anyone out or make them feel bad. I am secretly hoping at least half don’t show up! But how do you say no to this face?:
In other Hallie news, she is still saving money for her dog. She has been begging me to let her make flyers to take to the neighbors advertising that she does chores for $....I wasn’t too keen on that idea-especially since most of our neighbors are young families or have kids of their own to do chores. I am trying to make her appreciate the dog more, so she is earning half the money. She has a cute poster I made her in her room and she gets a sticker for every dollar she earns. So between her birthday money and chores, let’s hope she makes it!
I watched this movie the other night- “Temple Grandin”-it’s a true story. My mom had rented it, and then Kael and Emily watched it, and then passed it down to us. I am not really a movie watcher, but this one had me captured from beginning to end. Probably due to the fact that it hit SO close to home. I highly, highly recommend it. I took it to my Grandpa and he loved it-which is a hard feat for a picky old man! Anyways, if you know anyone affected by autism, or if you have a kind enough heart to want to understand what an autistic person or those around them go through-it is a family friendly must see!:

Our house was hit by the yucky stomach flu Monday. Poor Gavin called me crying from school. It was after he threw up for 4 hours that he finally told me that he had fallen off the monkey bars at school and hit his belly. So I of course had to drag him in to the Dr. to make sure he was o.k. The Dr. said it was probably coincidence that he fell and got the flu all at the same time. He is just so tiny, so things like this really take it out of him. He stayed home yesterday, and of course I had to get it too. I was miserable. G.J. had to come home so I could rest. I am praying and pleading that the rest of the family remains unaffected, but we shall see.
And finally-I just need to document how grateful I am for my job as a cleaning lady. I have 3-4 clients at all times. That occupies every Wednesday while Kayler is at school. I can’t help but think how lucky I am to do something that I love-clean. It fulfills my OCD obsession of cleaning outside of the home…lol. It provides a little extra money to pay unexpected bills and helps to slowly build up our savings. I truly care for the people I clean for. They are so appreciative and trusting of me and I am glad to help them out. It is such a compliment that I have people on a waiting list for me to clean. It is tempting to pick up another day or two, but at this point I don’t want to overwhelm myself.
So there you have it! I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful fall weather like I am! September is truly a beautiful month!
4 comments:
You are a brave woman!! 10-15 9&10 year olds. WOW!! I hope she has a great slumber party, I cant believe she is already 10, CRAZY!! I have been wanting to watch that movie. I will have to go and rent it today!! I am glad you are feeling better, stomach flu is horrible!!
Ohhhh no!!! I didn't know you were sick. Like I said, I feel like such a bad friend lately. You should have called me. It took 1 full week for the flu to go through all of us. I'm just grateful it is over. THANK YOU for the peaches by the way. I love them and as I told you they hit a craving. I saw the balloons on your mailbox today. HOpefully you are surviving. Talk to you soon.
Wow! I have some catching up to do! Hallie is a little sweetie! I need to think of something she can come over and earn a little extra cash! :) I can't wait to see the puppy in person. Every kid needs their own doggie! That's what I think atleast!
hey you wanted to know how I did the little picture collages...I use an online very easy program called Picnik it's www.picnik.com you can use a trial version for like a week but it's worth paying for. I just pay for the year and its only like 20 bucks.
Post a Comment