Monday, September 13, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!

I don't have much to report from last week, but we did have a WONDERFUL weekend in Salt Lake.

My Mom had bought Hallie, Gavin and I tickets to Lion King at Capitol Theater. So Saturday morning my mom, my kids and I, and Emily and Rachael headed to SLC.

We had a blast shopping and looking around at the mall and other stores. Gavin doesn't look too happy in this picture....but he does look like a 3 year old! Contrary to that, he was actually SO good for shopping all day with us! Both of my kids were so good, and I couldn't help but be so grateful for the ease of traveling with them!:



That night we headed to Incredible Pizza. It has a pizza buffet, and then tons of arcade games, bumper cars, race cars, golf, laser tag. We had SUCH a fun time! We were so pooped by the time we left close to 10 p.m.!:






We stayed at my brothers house (who is doing MUCH better by the way!-Finally!) and then met up our group of 26 the next day at the Olive Garden across from the theater.:





The kids loved it. They were super good and we all thought it was nothing short of amazing. I am so grateful to G.J. for staying home with Kayler. I can't wait for the day when we can go to things like that as a family. I am also super grateful to my mom for buying us the tickets. And last, I am grateful for my fun family to go do things like that with!

Now...I am home and G.J. is in Salt Lake this whole week for training. I miss him SO bad while he is gone. I don't know what it is, because he is gone most of the time anyways, but I think mentally just knowing that he will be home at the end of the day is so important to me. Not to mention he helps me out immensely.

I usually sink into a deep dark depression when he is gone....OK not really!-but I do get sad. This time my mom and G.J.'s mom were nice enough to watch the kids for us so I am going to join him Wednesday through Friday and I am so excited!

So other than that, we are all happy and enjoying every ounce of sunshine this time of year has to offer!

10 comments:

G.J. said...

Good to see you guys had fun. Everything went well for Kayler and I. I did take some pictures of us at the Mud bogs/Monster trucks but I forgot to take them off my phone. I can't wait for you to come out later this week. Hope everything goes well until then. Luvs!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Nevie and I went to the Lion King, too. It was seriously AWESOME! Good luck with your time as a single mom...hopefully having the fun break at the end will help you get through it!

Candace and Brian said...

Every time I asked you I forgot to ask what you thought of Lion King. I bet it was amazing!!! I feel like since school has started we have hardly talked. Maybe our routines will get settled soon and we can talk. HOpe you have fun with GJ. I think it's awesome you are going out with him. I'll call you tomorrow when I go see Karlee. I want to see you too!

Brett and Diane said...

I am always amazing at what wonderful and awesome things you do with your kids. You’re a fantastic mom! That was super sweet of your mom to get you guys tickets. Hope Wednesday comes soon for you and that you have a great time in SLC with just your hubby---wow fun!!

Kassi Luck said...

How fun!!! I have heard that the lion king is very good. I am glad you had a great time!!

BrItTneEanN said...

I went to Lion King as well, it was actually by first Broadway and I loved it. In fact I loved it so much I bought next years seasons tickets:)

Emily said...

we did have lots of fun, glad i have you guys to do things with, love you guys so much.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

I hate football season also because my husbands days are extra long and I hate dinner time without him here.

Karlee said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go do all those fun things! Especially shopping at Kohls! That's one of my favorite spots! And, I really would love to see the Lion King! Looks like a blast!