Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 2 of Fun!

Well we made it through our second week of summer, and boy did we have fun. I hardly saw Hallie and Gavin. With cousin Tia in town, their Grandma Searle had them stay the night I think like 4 times….So I got lots of one on one time with Kayler. Gavin, Hallie and Tia got along SO well, and were so cute with each other. I will try to give a recap of what we did last week:

Monday: CLEANING DAY-Mondays are the days I get my house cleaned and laundry done, Hallie and Gavin were gone, so G.J., Kayler and I mowed my Grandpa’s grass and got groceries-pretty boring.

Tuesday: FUN DAY! We enjoyed going to the splash park with our friends. It was so funny because I had invited Karlee and Candace, and then my sister in law Emily called and came, and when we got there, Gavin’s buddy Sam was there with his family. We were the only ones there for the vast majority of the time-like our own private party. The weather was perfect and the kids were being so good. Gavin had fun with his other buddy Dylan, and Hallie, Tia, and Kayler had a ball! Of course they had to have fun when we had to leave early. I had hair appts. for Hallie and I, and so we had to skip out right in the middle of it all. (The pics are of Kayler, Hallie, Gav and Sam, and my niece Rachael...I don't know where Tia was):






Wednesday: WORK DAY! I cleaned for one of my cleaning people….and I was there for 3+ hours. I left there in just enough time to go visiting teaching. I left that in just enough time to go clean my Grandpas house and do his laundry. I left there just in time to go shower, go play Bunco, and then head to a late movie with Candace, Heather, and Brianna. I was seriously SO pooped by the time that day ended!

Thursday: CLEANING DAY!: Thursday is my day to cook for my dinner group. Of course a storm had to roll in on my day to do BBQ food….but oh well. We just hung out here and nothing much occurred.

Friday: SICK DAY: I had all 3 kids home with me for the first time that week, and I had laundry to do, bills to pay, house to clean up, etc.etc.etc. Plus I had a million things to get done for various church things. It was raining, which I LOVE…seriously I love the rain. But, I was so sick. Just felt really yucky and awful. My kids were fighting, nothing was getting done, and I was feeling pretty down. I put Kayler down for a quiet time and then Gavin came and told me that he and Hallie had said a prayer that I would feel better so I could play with them. Boy that made me fee good/bad…all at the same time. So I loaded them up and we went to the library and went out for a treat. That night we had Tia over for a sleepover in our newest most prized possession!!!:






G.J.’s parents have FIVE houses (that includes 2 campers) They asked us if we would be so kind to take this beauty off their hands. It is not “ours”. It is just parked at our house, we can use it any time we want, she emptied it out so we could put our stuff in it……so basically it is on an extended borrow. I am beyond thrilled. I love going camping. I never in a million years imagined that we could afford a camper for our family. Some of my fondest childhood memories come from camping trips as a kid. So I look forward to LOTS of fun trips in this.

Anyways…..moving on-

Saturday: RAINY DAY: It rained literally all day…and I didn’t complain once. It is SO funny to me how people say it is TOO cold…then it is TOO hot….then the rain comes and it is TOO cold….and this week when the sun is shining again, it will be TOO hot! The only real weather thing that makes me complain besides our long winters is the yucky wind…wind drives me bonkers.
I am getting off the subject here. Where was I, oh yes…Saturday I was able to take my niece and Hallie to the Faith in God day camp from 9-12:30. It was a Noah’s Ark theme which fit in perfectly with the rain. It was so cute and fun. We finished the day off at my parents with just relaxing and a little of this and that.

Sunday: CHURCH DAY: And rainy day…again, but yet again, I am grateful and glad! Today was not my best church day. I still didn’t feel too good. My calling gets me a tad stressed and overwhelmed. I am truly grateful for those who serve and volunteer to help so willingly, and a tad more confused and discouraged with those who aren’t that way. Anyways…long story short, I gave a lack luster sharing time…Kayler was a beast...and I was very glad to be home and changed into my jammies.

So here is to week 3 of summer! I think we are going to try to fit in a camping trip this coming weekend, the weatherman is saying sun, and I am saying LET’S GO!!!

6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

busy busy busy.... you are always the busiest chicha ever. Not me. No life here. LOL- Love the camper. How exciting. Love camping when I can be in a camper. Miss you.

Candace and Brian said...

Looks like you had a fun week. I think your sharing time went great. You are way too hard on yourself. I saw the camper last night and was going to tease you...:) Anyways, sorry you haven't felt well. That's the pits. Hope you have a great 3rd week! Fit me in again in there somewhere!

Josh and Kristen said...

Sounds like a busy week. Hope you get to go camping soon! we love camping too!!

Brett and Diane said...

I'm with you LOVE raining days. I had sharing time also this Sunday. Looks like a great week 2 of summer. That super exciting about your camper that in itself will bring a great summer for you guys. It look super nice.

Lacy said...

Sounds like you've had a great week.
I get feeling that way about my callings from time to time... I'm glad to here someone else gets frustrated because everyone in my church seems so gung ho...
anyways, Have a great camping trip!

The McClellan Clan said...

dang girl sounds like you are one busy girl!! You sound like you are having fun! Maybe if the weather cooperates we can go to the park or something! I LOVE the camper! I want one SO bad! have a GREAT time! and GREAT memories!!