We had a wonderful Memorial Day. We visited every single cemetery in town (minus Dry Fork…we went there last year though):
We had a nice BBQ after at the in-laws, then I left town after. We stayed with my Brother Kris and his wife Jenette. They have a puppy Milo who my kids love. They were also puppy sitting for the little black puppy named Sammy that they loved even more!:
On Tuesday my beautiful best friend Nikki and her adorable sweet girls Nevie and June were so sweet to drop all their plans and meet up with us at Thanksgiving point. Kayler was being a holy TERROR…seriously…SO embarrassing and naughty. At one point he climbed into an exhibit practically onto the back of a T-Rex and I had to climb on and get him…uggh. But he LOVED the pony ride. He kept petting him and telling him, “nice fella..” Hallie and Gavin loved everything there:
Tuesday evening I headed clear up to Kaysville to G.J.’s sister’s house for a BBQ. She has 2 daughters that I want to kidnap as my nannies. They just took my kids and played with them and I seriously got the first real break in a LONG time. I almost cried that I felt “adult” again for just a minute. I didn’t want to leave.:
Wednesday morning we woke up and had a real treat and went to IHOP for breakfast. All the rest of our meals were eaten at Kris’s house because I packed food that we had from home. The only reason we went to IHOP was because we had a gift card from there. Yet again Kayler was a beast…but the waitress was so nice.:
After that I took the kids to the Gateway to play in the water fountains. They loved it, and enjoyed a shaved ice after!:
After getting cleaned up and having a little rest, I took them to the South Town Mall to look around. We didn’t really have any money to buy anything, but I let them ride the carousel there. Then they had the CUTEST train on the lower level of the mall. Well we went to buy tickets. I only had $6 and the train was ready to load. It was $3 per ticket and I couldn’t figure out who to send…and it was a big dilemma….long story short after the lady figured out Kayler was special needs and that I couldn’t send him alone or leave one of my kids alone while we rode or pack them all back to the ATM for more cash she let us all go for the price or 2. It was so nice of her…and seriously made my day! They played a little more on a dinosaur play place thing and then we headed back to Kris’s to call it a night.:
Thursday morning we woke up with no plans. We needed to give our niece a ride home back to Vernal but not until 1 p.m. when her school ended, so I found this place called Jumpin’ Jacks (I think that is what it is called) Thank goodness it had $4 Thursdays…..so we found it and the kids had a blast and thank goodness it was not crowded at all and Kayler was SUCH a good boy!!!!:
We had a little time to spare so I couldn’t resist doing a little shopping. Kayler was SO impressed with the red “bob” balls as he calls them in front of Target:
After that we picked up Tia and headed home. It has seemed like such a whirlwind since then. That night I had a meeting for G.J.’s work. Friday we went to the Relay for Life (no pictures…of course) Saturday we let the kids play outside in the baby pool for the first time even though the darn wind was blowing:
We had a BBQ Saturday night with the guys from G.J.’s Nintendo club lol! J/k, they are really his buddies from High school and thankfully 2 of the wives are my cousins/friends and the other is my good friend. We had a great time besides the darn wind again-and yet again…no pictures, I suck at picture taking.
Tia stayed the night with us that night, and Gavin stayed with my mom since my dad has been in Canada fishing for the past 12 days. Hallie has hand me down jammies from G.J.’s nieces so we were able to put them in matching jammies and snap a picture:
The funny thing is Tia is only 8 months older than Hallie but she is MUCH bigger. She outweighs her by 50 lbs and is a head taller. They get a long so well and have such similar personalities. She went to church with us today, and they are going to have a lot of fun this week. Her parents are on vacation so she is staying with us/G.J.’s mom until next Sunday.
So there you have it….we have really started summer off with a bang…and you want to know the best part is???? We have slept in EVERY morning past 8:30!!!! It has been beyond heavenly. For an insomniac like me who NEEDS sleep…it is just what the Dr. ordered!
6 comments:
It looks like you had an AWESOME first week. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy your family/friends. Can't wait to get together this week with ya!
That looks like so much fun!!!! I want to go have that week! :) You're super mom for sure! Today was way fun... glad we got to enjoy the sun a little!
How fun! I'm going to have to remember all those fun places you took the kids! I'm glad you were able to get away for a while!
I dont know how you can keep going, your crazy busy all the time. Sounds like your having fun though
looks like fun and busy.
Guess what? In 6 weeks I will be in vernal. yippie. Can we play? :)
That looks like so much fun! You have given me the itch to go do something fun too! haha :) How have you been lately? I hope you have been doing awesome, your kids are so cute, Kayler has grown up so much from what I remember him looking like, wow!
Post a Comment