When they sent the note home a few months ago asking for chaperones, I was worried it wouldn’t be “cool” to take your mom, and I was secretly worried about sending my baby girl on such a long adventure without me. Thank goodness she really wanted me to go.
We had to be there at 5:50 a.m. WAY too early for my liking! Gavin had stayed the night with G.J.’s parents, who are back to Vernal for the summer. Kayler got to stay with my parents. G.J. had to get up and going with us this morning, because he had to leave for Moab for the next 4 days. :{
The bus rides were not that bad at all. Surprisingly they went by super fast. I was able to talk to some of the other mom chaperones, watch Hallie interact with her friends, ate lots of snacks, rested my eyes a little, and enjoyed the spring time scenery along the way.
We watched a few movies, saw a few exhibits, visited the gift shop (which was the most important to the kids-go figure), and ate our lunch by the fountains at the Gateway.
I feel silly summing up such a busy day in so short of a post, and feel even sillier about mentioning some of my observations while on the trip.
I had to watch over/keep an eye on 5 little girls. Hallie was an angel-probably because I was there keeping her in line. There were 2 others that were nice enough, and then 2 DEVIL children. Seriously….the most bratty disrespectful little creatures ever. I can’t even begin to tell you the naughty mean things they did and said. If these little girls are this naughty at 9 years old…watch out world, because we have our next female felons on the loose.
One of the most annoying things happened at the 3D movie (which was a way cool great movie by the way). One of the naughty little girls had bought a snack size bag of Funions-the chips- to eat during the movie. No big deal right? Well she ate every single chip SO loudly…smacking her lips, licking her fingers, crumpling the bag, taking her sweet time…like 30 minutes-no joke-to finish this freakin’ tiny bag of chips. If that weren’t bad enough, when they were all gone, she turned the bag inside out and LICKED every last morsel off of it. Then she crumpled it up and put it behind her head and it rumpled and crumpled the rest of the movie…I was about to snap. THEN…she took her little evil friends leftover pretzel and slowly and meticulously licked the salt off of it…I even had to plug one ear so I wouldn’t hear her chew, plug my nose so I didn’t smell the stupid onion chips, and close one eye so I didn’t have to watch her. Am I the most horrible person EVER for thinking that?!? And how obnoxious and rude must I have looked sitting next to her acting so mortified of her. I am laughing so hard as I type and am re-imagining the event…but seriously, it was bad, and I admit, I am a horrible person for thinking so badly of those naughty little girls.
So, besides that, and beside me being sad that G.J. is out of town…..all is well. I am SO loving the spring weather. There is supposed to be a storm in the next few days, and I am even o.k. with that. April Showers bring May Flowers right?!…and green grass and all that great stuff!
I was too busy babysitting to get lots of good pictures...I didn't even get any of Hallie with her good friends or on the bus or anything better than these 5 pictures here...I really need to work on my picture taking skills!
10 comments:
HAHA!! I had to laugh about your field trip experience. They seriously are rough!! I was glad I finished all of my schooling and only had to go on 3. But there is always at least one child being super annoying on the trips, but they're usually fun for the kids...that's all that matters, right? :)
Wow, what an experience. I dont think you are awful for thinking those things about the naughty girls, and I say that because I would have done and thought the same exact things. I am glad you had a good time and that were able to spend time with Hallie. That is so fun!! I am sorry GJ has to be out of town for a while. Call if you want to do something. Levi may be going out of town tomorrow or Friday too, so we could get together and not be alone! hehe!! Well as usual, I love reading your posts and am glad that all is well.
I love the new wheather! Makes me so happy!
Kandace, this is so bad of me, but my biggest pet peeve is when people chew with their mouth open and when we have kids come and they chew that way. Questen has learned to(pretend) chew that way long enough for me to pretend to get after him so the visitor will stop.
Ha Ha! At least we're not annoyed with children who chew quietly. Now that would be a real problem!
How fun that you got to go with Hallie. And you are not bad for being annoyed with rotten little girls...I would have been, too!
Oh man that makes me miss 3rd grade. (Teaching). YOu brought back SOOO many memories. Well I'm home alone tonight & tomorrow so give me a call. I'd love to just chat!
Good Luck without GJ. I don't think you are awful either. In fact I probably would have taken the bag of chips away from her. It is fun though to be able to go on those things with your kids. I got to go with mine and Nathan to cause they went on Friday and he didn't have work.
I just got back from training in MidWay and Nathan went with me. :O) It is fun to get away every now and again. It reminds me how much I do love my kids because I miss them so much while I'm gone.
That is a funny story! What an obnoxious little girl! I would have been completely annoyed too!
I LOVE field trips!! (Not necessarily field trips leaving from Vernal though!! :) Glad the bus ride was nice!) I always loved having my mom there too... except for that time she got pooped on at the zoo and had to tell everyone!! :) I was so embarassed! I have a bus picked out in a field by my mom's house in Salem that I want to buy in a few years to take my own kids on little field trips! :) I'm weird I know!
I was laughing the whole time-you gave me a good mental replay! You are a sweet mom and I'm sure Hallie loved having you there with her.
I feel that same way about noices, smells ect. I can not have ANYONE stand behind me looking at the computer screen cuz they will!!!! will make mouth noices. UGg
Post a Comment