Sunday, August 2, 2009

Boredom, Babies, Barf, Bye-byes, Birthdays, and Blessings.

Wow, what a title. This past week has been a boring yet fun one….so here goes the recap.

Monday:
I did a little of nothing, took the kids to the Rec. center in the afternoon, then went to a baby shower for my dear friend Briana who just adopted the most precious, perfect baby boy Kaiden. So that is where BABIES comes in.

That evening…the BARF made its presence. I got so sick. I never puke…and puke I did. I was miserable. I even got a little bit of a cold/headache with it, so I was double miserable.

Tuesday:
I was feeling better, thank goodness. So I got my house cleaned and put back together, then we had a family BBQ that evening…nothing else. BORING.

Wednesday:
Went to my moms for awhile….did nothing….took the kids to the fountains at cobble rock….went to my grandpas for a quick visit…that’s all, more BORING.

The water was cold...and it was raining a little, but they still had fun!






Thursday:
G.J. had the day off. I took my grandpa with me to Roosevelt for a quick Dr. checkup. We had to stop at my favorite store Alco. I got some cute shirts and decorations. We had a nice meal at Frontier Grill.

Then it was boring-boring-nothing until I got to pick up my favorite salve that evening. Pretty sad that was exciting for me! A lady in town sells it. It is the best ever. Better than Neosporin, better that ANYTHING….My Grandma used to use it on me when I was little. I have to admit-I opened the tin on the way home and smelled it, and it brought back a FLOOD of emotion about my Grandma. I remembered her putting it on all my bumps and bruises as a little girl, and her even using it on my kids.

My grandma and pa call it Beast and Man salve (they used it on animals back in the day) Now it is just Watkins Salve (Ointment)


Friday:
This is where Bye Bye’s comes in. My cute Hallie was SO excited to be invited to go on a little vacation with my parents for a week or so. They may be home sooner than later. Our whole family is missing her. I know she is having fun though.

She had woke up before me that morning, did her hair, got dressed, fed herself breakfast, and was waiting by the door like this when I woke up. Needless to say she was excited to go!



Then the Birthday’s comes in. We first had a fun time with our cute little neighbor Jhett on his 1st birthday. We went to McDonald’s and the Splash Park. My boys had a ton of fun, and a great nap afterwords.

Splash Park fun (It was our first time this summer, they loved it...guess we will have to go back)






Then, it was good ol’ Great Aunt Venna’s Birthday. I took her a cupcake, necklace, and a candy bar. She had me hide her candy bar, put her necklace on, she scarfed her cupcake in one bite, asked for a drink, then told me to leave! It was so funny, but I am glad I went.

After that, we were going to take the boys to Ice Age. Kayler refused to go…so I stayed home and G.J. just took Gavin.

Saturday:
We got the yards done, cars cleaned, garage swept….it felt so good.

Then we had a super fun time at Jhett’s real party. It was so cute…and as usual, I forgot my camera. It was also my good friend Karlee’s birthday, so we got to see her as well. We are having a girl’s night Monday to celebrate for her.

Today:
We went to my cousin Heidi’s baby Porter’s blessing. It was nice, now we are just resting up for another week filled with more summer fun.

I have to confess, the best thing about this past week was the REST I got. I am ashamed-almost embarrassed to say that I woke up after 9 every morning. I even woke up at 10:30 once, and my kids slept that long too. I haven’t done that in YEARS. I almost feel like a new woman. I know it won’t last forever though, so I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted.

So there you have it. Our week full of B’s!

4 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Loved the week of Bs...it didn't sound boring at all. Infact it sounded VERY busy!!! Glad I was apart of it. tonight was fun too. Thanks for heading it up. It's so nice to have a group of good girl friends. Talk to you later!

Karlee said...

I am trying to think of a good B word to comment on your post, but I'm not coming up with any!... How about beautiful?! You looked very beautiful tonight! I loved your hair. Sounds like another exciting week for you. I love that Hallie got up and got herself ready, and I love the birthday story about your aunt was it? she sounds funny! I am glad I got to see you on my birthday too! You're a great friend!

Danielle Hacking said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of fun, not boring at all! I love summer time, gotta get in all the fun stuff that you can right ??? Hope you are doing well!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Did I miss where Hallie was going with your parents? Where did they go? Miss ya