I am really really sad that there are only 2 weeks left of “summer.” Summer to me is having no set schedule, having lots of fun, sleeping in, staying up late, you get the picture. When school starts…that is over…and it makes me want to cry.
I find myself in a panic trying to suddenly squeeze in all the summer fun I possible can. I have lots of things planned for the next few weeks, and for good reason.
On the 22nd, G.J. and I leave for Massachusetts. The kids will start school the following Wednesday. You have no idea how bad it hurts me that I am missing their first day of school. I guess we will have to celebrate the following Monday with their first day with me. Then it is September, how crazy is that?
The past week hasn’t been too eventful. We did have that AWESOME rain/hail/lightning storm that was nothing I have ever seen. I did get 3 fun times with friends. Monday for Karlee’s birthday was celebrated by going to dinner, Wednesday for Holly’s birthday was celebrated when Me and Mandy took her to lunch, and G.J. got a guys night on Saturday, but Melissa and Kassi came over with their boys for a girls night at our house.
So all in all, it was a good week. I was incredibly lazy, and forgot to take any pictures…none whatsoever. I usually have a few from each week…but this week, ZERO!
My best part of the week was getting my little girl home. She had left on Friday, July 31st to go to Ouray, CO with my parents. It is a tiny little mountainous town by Silverton and Durango that they camped at. They swam, ATV’d, and she was spoiled rotten. They were originally going to stay 3-5 days…well that turned into 8, and I was SO glad she was back safe and sound.
So, this week I will be better about documenting our fun…and taking pictures. Hope all is well with everyone reading this!
9 comments:
I too can't believe that there are only two weeks of summer left. And this week is the last week of water aerobics :( How did that happen? Summer just started the other day and now it is about over :( But I am excited to be sending all my kids to school this year! :O)
Sounds like a good week. Thank you SO much for taking care of my house. That meant so much. Can't believe how fast summer is going. Maybe we can squeeze in an adventure this week. Talk to you soon.
I'm so behind on reading and posting blogs. Just passing threw catching up.
It makes me sad as well. This is the first year I will have a child in school, and I feel like crying.
I don't know what I am going to do when we have kids in school! You've probably noticed how we kinda fly by the seat of our pants over here! I am a very scheduled/routine person... but I love to just get up and go whenever and do whatever! I am not looking forward to the school/STUCK schedule!! So... that picture that our waiter took for us didn't turn out at all! It was awful. I was so bummed. Our faces are all distorted somehow. It's way weird. I guess we'll just have to go out again soon and try for a better one! Let's do something before you head to MASS!!
Sounds like you have been and will be busy for the next little bit! Have fun on your vacation!! I miss not seeing you at least once a week too :)
I miss summer already:(
The summer has gone by WAY too fast. It always does. Glad you guys are doing well.
Our "Summer" ended the 6th.... yikes. We are now, finally getting the heat and humidity the South is known for. ick.... to hot and humid to go outside anymore.
Post a Comment