Sunday, August 16, 2009

County Fair Week

Be prepared... this is a LARGE...weekly recap

Monday We got a shave Ice and went to the park for FHE.



We also started getting some yummy produce from our garden. We are SO glad it grew!



Tuesday night, my mom called to have us stay the night so we could watch a meteor shower. We decided to go toad hunting. My mom wanted to find some more toads to have in her yard/garden. This is me in my "toad hunting gear"



We drove all around town looking for toads. By streams, in yucky marshy places...and had zero luck. We drove back into my moms driveway...and look what we found-go figure!



Wednesday Morning, despite my lack of sleep from the night before (me...nor my kids do well sleeping at other peoples houses. We tried to stay up for the meteor shower...but it arrived at 2 a.m.-hence no sleep) we went to the splash park with Karlee and Candace. Kayler was being a beast so he stayed home with G.J.





Wednesday evening we decided to head to the fair. It was probably the saddest carnival I had ever seen, but the kids had so much fun...that is all that matters.









I took the kids to the candy drop on Thursday. There were so many kids. I felt so bad for my tiny kids in the huge crowd trying to get some. But they had fun.



Our county really does put on a nice fair. Hallie entered a picture and won a first prize ribbon and 2 dollars.








Friday we got a real surprise when my friend Mandy called and she she would be bringing her brand new ice cream truck to our neighborhood. I called all the neighbors, grabbed my camera, and there she came! The kids thought it was SO cool. Hallie came inside and said, "phew...now my summer is complete!"







Friday night we took the kids to the fair's Magic show. I have to say it was pretty amazing, and the magician was super funny. We were on the front row...and the guy kept making comments to me, my dad, etc...it was embarrassing, but made if fun. My kids were mesmerized because some of the tricks were really cool. This picture is of them waiting for a clown to make them a balloon pet thing.



Saturday we went to G.J.'s parents ranch during the huge stormy weather day. We had a nice time relaxing, eating, and just getting out of our house into the fresh mountain air. We also met up with some relatives we hadn't seen in years. (sorry no pictures from that...I suck!)

When we got home, I took Hallie and Gavin to get school supplies. They had so much fun...Hallie chose mostly black stuff (don't ask where that came from) And Gavin just loved every second of it.



So remember my last post of saying that I felt in a sudden panic to fit everything in? Well this past week proves that. The next week will be even worse...but it is all fun, and good memories. Hope everyone reading this is doing well!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

dumb question???? why did you go toad hunting? were you going to do something with them or was it just a fun Vernal thing to do?

I love that ice cream truck, I cant believe how great it looks and they did it themselves. I love that your daughter said her summer is now complete, thats priceless.

Heidi J said...

Hey we bought from that ice cream van on Saturday! It was Deegan's first time (sad I know) and he loved the fact that his stuff came from the "polka dot van"

Karlee said...

Okay... next time you go toad hunting you have to call me! I love them! What a fun week! I am glad that I got to be a little part of it! :) The ice cream truck came through our neighborhood and I was so excited. I grabbed Tate and ran! I wish I would have known she was your friend. She was cute! Her kids were so cute and friendly! The fair looks like it was fun too. I wish we could have gone. Tate would have loved it!

The McClellan Clan said...

dang I really missed out on the fair week!! I always feel like the worst mom after I read others peoples posts!! You do a great job, and you're an awesome mom!! Oh and I'll just post here, I love Hallie's braces. She looks so cute!!!! I hope she's still okay with them!! atleast she got to go most the summer without them.

The Durham Family said...

What a good mom you are! Thanks for making me look bad! JK!

Nathan and Shanna said...

Toad hunting that is so fun, you should of came to my house though. We live by a field and we have tons of toads! Not quite as big as the one in your moms driveway though. :)
Loved the ice cream truck that is super cool!! Glad you learned a a lot from your get away!