Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Days leading up to Christmas


Well, the days are here. Our stockings are hung. The tree is lit. The presents are almost bought and wrapped and delivered. The friends and family are stopping by with gifts. The snow is making it seem real “Christmassy”. The kids have sent the letters to Santa and are very excited. I love this last week before Christmas.

We have a VERY and I mean VERY busy week. Monday we are dropping our poor dog off to be neutered. Bless his little doggy heart. We are making 20+ stops delivering gifts to neighbors, family, and friends for FHE. Tuesday we have: dance class, pick dog up, and the ward Christmas party. Wednesday brings 3 things for Hallie. First is a School Choral Concert, and then 2 ballet rehearsals for the Nutcracker which is this weekend. Thursday Hallie has a party at School as well as Gavin. Then we have G.J.’s work Christmas party that night. Friday, we yet again have rehearsal for the Nutcracker, with a performance that night. Saturday morning, my friends and I are throwing a Christmas party for our kids. We let them draw names for gifts. We are having games, lunch, etc. It should be a lot of fun. Hallie has another Nutcracker performance that night, and boy will I be glad for that to be over. She told me, "I don't really love ballet, I only love that you bring me flowers when I perform." Sunday is a busy day as well with a family Christmas Party during the day. The evening will be full of music at the Stake Sing a long. This is where each ward choir performs one number and sings one number with the congregation. There are 9 wards in our stake, so it is quite the event. It will set the tone just right for Monday, which is Christmas Eve, and then the BIG DAY!!! Christmas on Tuesday. So our schedule is PACKED. But it is full of things that I enjoy, other than the dog neuter thing and all.

We had a very nice weekend. Just enjoyed family, friends, etc. I tried and tried to get the wedding pictures on here from Kael's wedding, but it didn't work. My kids are horrible at picture taking, and G.J. and I aren’t very gifted in that area either. So none of them were very good of us, but there were some great ones of Kael and Emily and Rachael. We tried again to get my kids in their cute clothes in front of the Christmas tree this morning, but the sun shone through on most of them, and then we pulled the curtains, but by that time the kids were too ornery to smile and pose anymore, but you can get the idea of how cute they looked. Hallie was so happy today because she got to play the part of Mary at a little skit in primary. I got to watch and it was just precious. Well, I hope everything is going well for all who read. I will just say again how much I have enjoyed this whole blogging thing. My mom thinks I am retarded for doing it, but I don’t care. I don’t even care if nobody at all reads it or leaves me comments. All I care is that I sort my thoughts and events out, and print it out and save as my journal so that I can look back and remember all the tiniest details of my life. Have a good day!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am with you!! I love this week, I love the christmas spirit, Courtney's birthday is this friday, so it makes it kinda crazy too...I am like a little kid, I am soooo excited!! I can't wait to see their faces, and I have to admit, I am excited for myself as well ;)