What a whirlwind week we have had. It all started Monday with Kayler’s Christmas Party for Prime Time 4 Kids. They do a cute little party at the elks lodge each year. Hallie and Gavin were in the program when they were younger as well, so I think this is like the 7th time we have gone. They serve the same meal each year- hot dog, chips, & Kool-Aid. Pretty yummy, I know G.J. looks forward to it! He did not like Santa one bit. He was pretty ticked off about the whole thing. He did give Kayler a cute little bear that he loved and patted and made a big scene with.
Gavin had a cute little preschool party at the bank here in town. He told everyone that he was going to Santa’s bank. It was so cute, they sang a song, did the pledge, and some other stuff. They got to see Santa, and Gavin was all about that. He told him he wanted a “fish grabber” whatever the heck that is. I may have to show him lots of pictures to see what he means. Of course he was the child who last year all he wanted was keys….so you can never tell with him. The next party came with my monthly Bunco group. It is always the first Wednesday of the month. We have been playing for quite a few years now. It is a good getaway. I rarely win, but all I care about is the dinner, and getting in some adult conversation with my friends.
Thursday we were busy preparing for Kael and Emily’s big day on Friday. Friday morning came with inches upon inches of new snow. It was beautiful and white and nice, which was great except for maybe on a wedding day, but that’s ok. My good wonderful friends helped me out with my kids. Holly took Gavin, and he played well with Spencer, so I am glad of that. Janice took Hallie, and she did her hair for me and Hallie had fun she said. Mandy took Kayler, and I know he wore her ragged, but she assured me he was ok. I hope that’s true because I know 18 month olds are very busy and LOTS of work.
We were at the temple until
Saturday was so much fun. It reminded me of the snow days that I used to have when I was little. It just doesn’t seem like it has snowed this much for a very long time. We made a really fun trail on the backside of my parent’s hill. My kids tubed and sledded and did all sorts of fun stuff. Kayler was sleeping, so I had to stay and watch him, but that’s ok with me. I have too many people to take care of to risk getting hurt sledding, but I did go down a couple times. We had everyone there, all my immediate family, and cousins and their spouses and kids. We had hot chocolate and sloppy joes and the funnest Wii Nintendo party EVER. It was absolutely hilarious seeing all the adults so competitive and into it. I haven’t laughed that much in a really long time.
Kael and Emily are in
Today just same old church and choir. May I just say how truly grateful I am that I am in the choir this time of year. Our ward has a very talented choir and director. I love singing the songs of Christmas. It just helps me feel the true spirit so much more. This week we are going to try to finish up some Christmas shopping, cards, etc. Hope you all have a great day!
4 comments:
It sounds like you've had a crazy week! I'm glad Kael's wedding was so nice. I didn't realize it was in the temple. I didn't ask you, because I didn't want it to seem rude or anything...but I'm so happy for him! Yay! You definitely have to post pictures when you get them.
I am not ignoring your email, by the way...I just want to respond when I have more time. But for now, let me just say...I TOTALLY know how you feel about everything you wrote. I'll email more later! Have a great week!
Wow, you have been busy. I'm so happy for your brother, my sister went out with him once, I think they worked together or something. You need to post pictures, so why did you mention 2 girls names. Does she have a daughter or something. you said Emily and Rachael??? WEll have a good week!!
Joce
We are moving soon. We move next weekend, and then we'll just leave all the christmas stuff up and enjoy our christmas, camping in our soon to be old house. Everything is set, the other people have already closed on their house, They wanted us to move out this weekend, but we said "are you kidding"
Ya thats not going to happen!!!
Can I? Can I? Will you really let me help you make your blog crafty? Thanks for the message you left on my blog, and for the advice. The BRAT diet actually worked really well. Harli is eating a lot better now. I would love to help you with your blog. Do you want me to teach you how to modify it, or would you rather I just do it for you like Mandy and Janice did? I wouldn't mind either way - it's fun for me. You can email me at snuffy770@comcast.net.
Steph
Post a Comment