Thanks for all the feedback about Gavin. I realized that I am not alone. Along with that, I have read a WONDERFUL article, just out in this months Ensign by President Hinckley. It was exactly what I needed in every way, and I urge you all to read it. It is the titled “These, our little ones.” I read that a few days ago, and it made me feel so blessed to have the kids that I do. I know that I will not always feel so blessed when they are being naughty. I know that there are rough times ahead, but I also know that the times that are worth cherishing make it all worth it.
My weekend started out with a bang….literally. I took a little spill down the stairs. I was holding Kayler at the time. Gavin had left a little tray on the stairs and my foot hit it just right-I slipped back-hit my head-hit my back/hip area-blacked out a little-woke up-was still holding Kayler-wanted to cry-didn’t-and it still hurts today. And that is that. When I asked Gavin about it he said, “Oh mommy, I’m sorry you found my booby trap!”
Anyways, I had a wonderful night out with my gal pals Friday night. It was so wonderful because first off, it was snowing. Second off, we all had pedicures. (I know, its winter…but our toes will look pretty until springtime now hopefully!) Next we had a delicious dinner at Gandolfo’s. Then we headed to the movie “Dan in Real Life.” It was so good. After that, they all headed home. I went and got G.J. and the kids and we went to my moms to enjoy a little Wii. I am getting wicked awesome at Guitar Hero by the way. Hallie and Gavin stayed the night there.
The next morning, I had a church meeting, then we went and got the kids. We stayed there all day just eating and playing and enjoying being out of our house. We went shopping for awhile. Then we came home and tried to make a snowman, but the snow wasn’t packing well. So I got a few pics of the kids and the dog (who is very amazed by the snow by the way) We then took the kids to “Enchanted” with my Mom, Dad, Kael, Emily and Rachel. They liked it. I think my Dad liked it the most though, shedding a few tears here and there. My kids thought that was hilarious. Such a sentimental fellow even at shows when 99% of people would not even consider crying lol.
We had church, choir, and dinner at my moms tonight. Then we topped the weekend off by watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was wonderful. Just reiterated why I love this season. I have decided that I could do without the snow and ice and all that crap. But I do love this time of year. This week will be so busy because I have my brothers wedding on the 7th. Have a Good Day!
3 comments:
Hi Kandice! Thank you SO much for the advice on my blog! I will definitely give it a try today. She's got to start eating. Your little boy's birthday is so close to Harli's - hers is 5/17/06. I actually do remember you. I saw your little girls picture on Janice’s blog, and before I knew she was yours I thought "that looks just like that girl Kandice that I remember from waaaaaay long ago". She's such a doll. After reading your stories, and hearing Kristi's stories about the adventures of having a boy, I'm glad that I had a girl. I think I'd much rather deal with the drama of a girl than the naughtiness of a boy. :D Good luck. Maybe you could start a "Moms Of Boys" support group. Te-he. You could call yourselves the MOB (moms of boys). Ooooh... and then you could say you were a member of the MOB. :D Okay... now I'm just being a dork so I better let you go. Thanks again for the advice. I will give it a try.
Steph
Thanks again for the book and the letter. The book is great.. I feel a little silly complaining about my crap now... I love you happy holidays
I'm so sorry about your stair incident. I'm glad you're okay. I am always falling down the stairs. LOL.
Post a Comment