A little twist...my ABC's of Gratitude.
A- Apples-one of my favorite fruits
B- Beds....so warm and cozy
C- Cars-So we don't have to walk
D- Dishwashers
E- Eggs...they give me protein..and
help make all the baked goods I love
F- Family
G- G.J. and Gavin
H- Hallie
I- Ice Cream. It makes me happy, also-
Iphone (I miss mine terribly)
J- Julie, my Mom
K- Kenny, my Dad, and Kayler
L- Lord---as in My Heavenly Father
M- Music...makes me very happy
N-Nachos. Preferably from 7-11
O-Oranges
P- Pizza....sure makes a quick meal
Q- Quarters, something about quarters
just makes me feel rich and happy.
R- Religion
S-Sugar-nuff said ;)
T-Toons, as in Cartoons. Saved my
sanity many a time
U-Underwear. Garments,
undies...whatever you call them-good to have :)
V-Voice. I am no solo artist at
singing...but I am grateful that I have a voice to sing
W-Weather...preferably when there is no
snow on the ground and the temperature is above freezing
X- Xrays...aren't they so amazing?—as
is all medical care
Y- Yogurt. Especially Greek Yogurt
Z- ZZZzzz's as in Sleeping.
So....I had completely intended on
doing Thankful Thursdays. I looked back on my Thankful Thursdays from
last year and I realized that I am grateful for the same
things at this time this year. So....I didn't want to over-do it. For
some reason I hate to conform to what everyone else is doing. So
since 90% of my FB friends are posting every day what they are
grateful for...I decided not to follow along. Instead, I posted these
things, and will daily strive to find gratitude...even in the very
smallest things, and I will quietly thank the lord for his blessings.
On to other news. This Friday is a HUGE
day for me. You will make fun of me...but read this post and you will
figure out why!:
This Friday is the mother of 11's 11/11/11. So...stay safe everyone.
Finally....G.J. and I have been under a
lot of stress/pressure the past few weeks. He was approached by
Uintah Engineering with a job offer to be their IT director. The pay
is 15, 000 more a year. FIFTEEN THOUSAND!!!-that is a lot of money.
But....after many prayers, trips to the temple, and talking, He
decided not to take the job and stay with the city. Trust me...it was
a tough choice. We really and I mean REALLY could have used that
money. But, for some reason it did not feel right. Once G.J. told the
city he was staying and UE that he was rejecting their offer we felt
a lot of peace...so I know good things are in store, we just have to
wait!
3 comments:
I love your abc's of thankfulness!! So fun!
Loved reading your list. I had to laugh about not wanting to conform....that's so me! :) I laughed when I reread your 11/11 post. God luck tomorrow. Hopefully you're safe...because we'll be together.
What a cute post!! I love the ABC idea. I had a great time the other night!
Post a Comment