Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An Angel was needed

Last Wednesday I received a call that my cousin Jeremy's baby girl Kinley had suffered an awful accident. She had somehow got between the mattress and the wall during her nap. Her mom Paige, who is an EMT, was able to do CPR and bring back a heartbeat. She was life flighted to Primary Childrens. She was on life support. They did a CT scan and there was no activity. They tried a procedure to cool her body to allow her brain swelling to go down. By Thursday afternoon, she was taken off life support and she returned to our Heavenly Father immediately. Losing a child is my worst fear.....really. I obsess about it to the point that I make myself sick. I guess that is not very faithful of me. I truly believe in eternal families, but I do not deal with death well at all. So...seeing someone I loved going through my worst fear was heart wrenching. I had a lot of guilt because after getting married and having kids, I haven't kept in touch with my cousins as much as I would have liked to, Jeremy included. Not that being around them more would have made things any different...but it is when tragedies occur that you think of what could have been done differently. Rest in peace sweet angel. You were so loved.:

1 comment:

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Oh that is my greatest fear as well. That sweet little girl was needed by Heavenly Father but I feel so terrible for her mother.ohhhh