Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweenish Fun

Boy what a fun week! Between Red Ribbon Week at school, Halloween activities, Fall activities, and just keeping up with daily duties- and we have been busy!

Kayler had his Halloween Parade last week. He was SO excited to see that there were TWO Luigis at his school. That is all he talked about was there being TWO Luigis! He was so cute!:



Our dog is still doing great. She loves playing outside in the leaves. She is still very curious about everything in our house. She loved watching Hallie take a bath. Shortly after this pictures she jumped SO hard...she joined Hallie in the bath. Hallie thought it was awesome. Poor puppy didn't!:




My Mom and Dad had their yearly Halloween party. I will be honest-I wasn't too thrilled to go. I was too lazy to invite people, find a costume, a babysitter...I am a party pooper! My mom and dad provided their Harley leathers for our costume. I invited most of my friends (actually my mom sent out the invites, so I hope everyone got them!) After seeing my parent's costume, I was glad only 2 of my friends showed up!
(This is our friends Willy and Melissa, G.J. and I, My parents (as Adam and Eve) and Kael and Emily:



Halloween (Eve) proved to be a fun day. We did a little around the house while G.J. was gone for Elder's quorum the first half of the day. After he got back we went to my parent's house to go on a hike. We took our puppy along with Kris and Jenette and their dog Milo, Kael and Emily and their kids and dog Daisy, My whole family, plus my dad and his dog Ruby. We had quite the caravan going! Everyone (mainly the dogs) had a blast on one last hike before colder weather sets in! I forgot my camera but this pictures is from my phone. Priceless!-my dad and is his 4 grand"dog"children :



We rushed home so I could send G.J. to the church to set up for trunk or treat. That left me alone with all 3 kids to get ready...boy, that was fun (not!) But, the final product turned out pretty cute with our Dorothy and her "todo", a MAD scientist, and Mario. They had a blast at trunk or treat, and we finished just in time for a storm to roll in!:




One of my favorite parts of Halloween as a child was going to all my Grandparent's houses. I still get excited to take my kids there. Even though I really miss my Grandma, we still got pictures with Grandpa Bowthorpe and my Grandma and Grandpa Stewart.:




So, another Halloween down! I am so happy to be taking down all our creepy decorations and gearing up for another "Thankful" November! Stay tuned for my weekly posts of Thanks!

6 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

Looks like it was a fun halloween and fun halloween party!! We were sad we couldnt make it.

Nathan and Shanna said...

I wish my not being excited for things turned out like yours. You are amazing! Looks like you had fun too!

Karlee said...

Looks like a great Halloween! Your kids looked so cute in their costumes! I wish we could have made it to your parents party! I bet it was a riot! Next year!!!

melissa said...

We had fun! Sat night at the trunk or treat your dad said they didn't think their costumes would be appropriate for the trunk or treat! Haha!!!

Ben and Marcie said...

I love the Adam and Eve ones, that is so funny! Your kids looked adorable in their costumes!

Candace and Brian said...

You guys looked absolutely awesome at your parent's party. Serioulsy how fun! I didn't know about your parent's party...but wouldn't have made it anyways. :) Your parent's costumes were hilarious. They are a kick. Your kids looked darling on Halloween too. The costumes fit personalities so well. I loved it. Glad you had such a great week. My inlaws leave in the morning so if you get bored anytime stroll on up and give me a chat. Talk to you later!