But, in my defense, I have been busy…so dreadfully busy. We are loading up on a jet plane and sailing away into the sunset on our very first family vacation ever this Friday. A cruise to the Cayman islands, Cozumel, and porting at Ft. Lauderdale. I am extremely excited, yet very anxious and nervous…being the “worrier’ that I am. I can’t help but stop my mind from having visions of airport disasters, falling overboard, getting sick, losing my kids, drowning etc.etc.etc. Let’s face it, traveling anywhere for any length of time is a lot with 3 kids under 10.
So if my worrying hasn’t kept me busy enough, getting ready to leave has kept me on my toes. PACKING….need I say more?? Pair that with the responsibilities of cleaning, laundry, getting everything settled and squared away with our house, dog, etc! so we can go---I won’t even begin with that list.
But, instead of being ungrateful and worrying myself sick, I am choosing right now to cherish this first family vacation that we are going on. I am choosing to be very grateful that my generous parents are taking us on this as a Christmas gift, and that they will be there to help. We have waited a very long time for our turn to actually GO on a vacation. We are always the ones at home taking care of everyone else's stuff! Kris and Jenette will be along for the ride as well. I am sure that when I get back, even though Thanksgiving will be all but over (we get back Thanksgiving evening), I will STILL have lots to be grateful for, and lots of pictures to share!!! But in the meantime, when you think of me, imagine me here..:

And here:
The End….
7 comments:
Look heavenly have lots of fun!!
so excited for you all. Have so much fun.
That looks like it will be sooo much fun. I love cruises!! They are the best!! Have lots of fun!!! You guys deserve it!!
WOW Have lots of fun! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!
Cruises are so much fun! Have a great time, and I can't wait to see pictures when you get back!
Seriously, I'm SOOO jealous!!!
I forgot you were going!! I'm so jealous, but so happy that you get to go. You definitely deserve a break!
By the way,our new condo is close-ish to your brother, I think...so hopefully it'll be easier for us to see each other now!
Post a Comment