As I looked outside this morning to snow...I realized that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, Christmas will be here in a blink, and then the dreaded long winter continues until what...April, May?!?!:
(picture of our first skiff of snow for the 2010, 2011 snow season)
Then I noticed this sign I had bought for myself recently. Then my thought process proceeded to tell me that I was supposed to be blogging about the things I am thankful for....:
I have a LONG list of "cliché" things to be thankful for. They are the same things that most people are glad to have: family, friends, religion, modern conveniences, etc. At family home evening last night we sat in a circle and let each person say something unique that they were grateful for. Let's just say that I think Kayler and I were the only unique ones...lol :)
So this morning-granted it is only 8:50 a.m., I have done a lot of thinking about what I am grateful for, when suddenly; I realized that having the ability to be thankful is something I am so glad I have.
I know I am a "debbie downer" on my blog a lot...life's frustrations will do that to a girl. Regardless of that, I feel that my gratitude level is pretty high. I think it is something my Dad probably instilled in me from a young age. He is always mentioning how grateful he is for the smallest things. He always notices the nice things and blessings that come his way.
When I find myself feeling down and angry at the world, I realize it is because my level of gratitude is down. It only takes a few minutes to look around and find joy in the little things…and then I am on my way to being happy again (OK-let’s be honest…sometimes it takes an hour, or day..or two…or three!-I am a slow learner!)
So stay tuned for next week. I am pondering up some pretty unique thankful lists!
7 comments:
Can't wait to read what you come up with. I try to do the same, but always end up having the general ones as well. The ability to be Thankful! I love it!
Love this time of year!!! Makes us remember how great we have it!
You are not a debbie downer. I love reading your blog. I get excited each time I see you have a new post. I am grateful for you. Thanks for your package this week. I love ya tons!
I love this post. You make a good point!
Thanks for the post!! Cant wait for more!!
Can't wait to read it. I love that sign. I need one.
Sometimes no news is good news huh! :) I see some cute little puppy prints in that skiff of snow. I tried to open your blog last night, but it wouldn't let me. Weird huh! But, it worked tonight. I'll call ya tomorrow so we can plan something!
P.S. When I was driving to church yesterday I passed your parents in that cute blue car!
Post a Comment