After FHE last week we noticed the teeniest, tiniest bird in our garden. The pictures don’t even do it just of how cute and tiny it was. Of course my nature loving daughter was SO excited!:
Tuesday was the Big Kahuna waterslide party for Hallie and all other music students in Vernal. It was a bit windy, but we had a super good time. G.J. and I decided that we definitely are not as young and in shape as we were as kids….after 3 or 4 times up the stairs to the slide and we were beat!:
Wednesday provided a monumental event. It was by far the biggest and most intense rain storm/flood I have EVER seen. Our basement got a little damp, a few neighbors got completely flooded, our other neighbor’s trampoline blew over a 6 ft. vinyl fence and crashed into our other neighbor’s house. I just happened to be alone with 5 kids. Gavin and Hallie each had a friend over, so it was pretty wild there for awhile. I have a video of the flash flood, but it wouldn’t work on here, but the pictures kind of show how crazy it was!:
Thursday we headed up camping. I will say that this is the first time that I had a WONDERFUL time camping. I didn’t even want to come home it was so nice. We had a great family reunion. I was so busy having fun that I didn’t capture too many pictures, but I tried! (The one of Gavin in his undies is after we put him to bed one night in his footie jammies…he must have gotten hot and this is how we found him, hand up his undies and all!):
Friday G.J., Hallie, and I had to come down. Hallie had her class party, and I had a baby shower. Hallie didn’t want me embarrassing her taking pictures at her party, and I had to steal a picture off of Raquel’s mom’s blog of the baby shower I went to. It was a great evening seeing lots of friends I hadn’t saw in a long time, and I am so excited for Raquel, she will be a super cute/fun mom! I am also grateful to my parents for watching my boys on the mountain.:
We went on several rides while camping, and my kids and their cousins helped make a huge tin man out of scrap metal in a beautiful field:
That night Hallie and Gavin were SO excited to stay up late and play night games. The moon was almost full, and they were so cute. I just can’t believe how grown up they are getting, and I truly enjoy how fun they are at these ages. (the kids are in this picture somewhere!):
Today we decided to leave our trailer there because my mom’s ward campout is at the same place next weekend. Since we have no plans we will make one more weekend out of it. It sure made for an easier unloading/cleaning up day though.
This week is filled with all sorts of fun things. Friends visiting, the fair, our last swim lesson, and a lot more of soaking in this wonderful summer fun!
5 comments:
Wow! You did have a busy week. I'm SOOOO glad you had a great time camping. As you know I worried about you the whole time. What a great weekend though to have it go so well. LEt's get together this week.
Wow! The pictures of the flash flood are crazy! Glad your basement didn't flood! So glad you had a great time camping this time!
It was definately a fun weekend and it was fun to see you guys and get to visit with you a bit. I am glad you were able to enjoy it and it was fun letting the kids play up there. FUN, FUN, Fun indeed!!
We went to the water slide and Maci drug me up the stairs 4 times after I had gone up twice mysefl. I could barely lift my legs. When did we get so old!?!
Oh my crap, Gavin is going to hate you for taking that picture later on but for now it's HILARIOUS! I am so grateful you came down for the shower it wouldn't have been the same without you. I love you!
Post a Comment