I had completely spaced my blog, so I guess that means nothing big or dramatic has happened….so for me, that is A-O.K!
The week started out with the dog drama….thank goodness that is over, and no permanent damage was done!
Tuesday I went to the cheer review with Candace to support my friend Karlee who is the coach this year. It was good to get out. Karlee has done a great job with the team. It did make me feel incredibly old, fat, and out of shape though! I used to be the one flipping around on the floor and dancing up a storm…and now…well that is just in the past!
Wednesday was a very special day. It was grandparent’s day at Kayler’s school. G.J.’s parents are in St. George, and my parents were in Guatemala. My Grandpa Stewart still works pretty much full time, and my Grandma Stewart is in a wheelchair. So that left my Grandpa Bowthorpe. It was hard for him to get in and out of the school, but still at 87 years old he was so proud and cute to be there with Kayler. They played games, read stories, had snacks. It is a priceless memory:
Thursdays are always busy for me because it is the day I cook dinner for my dinner group. I did Enchiladas this time….and I thought they turned out pretty darn yummy. That is a miracle, because I usually do NOT like my cooking. That afternoon it was SO sunny and pretty out. The snow was melting so fast, you could literally watch it melt. My kids were out front playing and our neighbors the Nielson’s invited us out to the farm to check on all the cute new baby cows. It was SO muddy…..but it seriously didn’t bother me at all. Mud=Spring!!!!! The kids gathered eggs, which they ate for dinner and they thought it was so cool. We got down to check out how cute the cows were, except for Gavin, my ever present scaredy cat stayed up high! I got home in such high spirits, because I felt like FINALLY…..it was going to warm up out of this winter hell!!!:
Boy was I wrong….that night I heard rain….then I looked out to an all out blizzard. We had almost 4-5 inches of fresh snow the next morning. Thank goodness it melted, but still it was disappointing. Hallie had plans to have a new friend over that afternoon, and she was so excited. Let me ask all you mom’s this…….are friendships different now than when you were a kid??? I remember having a “best” friend by Kindergarten, and pretty much every weekend I could count on going to a friends or having a friend over. I was constantly invited to birthday parties and to play. It seems SO different now. I have decided that families are just busier, and it is harder to trust people to let your kids go play with. But…..Hallie found a sweetheart named Aubrey. I actually knew her dad growing up. He was several years older than me, but he knew all my cousins. They had so much fun, and know she is going to be a great friend to Hallie.
That night I decided to prove my too old/too fat feelings weren’t true….I had been given the O.K. from my Dr. to exercise more intensely. My Friend Marcy who owns a gymnastics gym in town was having adult night. I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to see I could still do back handsprings, whips, tucks, and layouts-and even a wicked toe touch! I was having a great time even though I was the oldest (even though it was adult night…only high-schoolers showed up) Then…..a member of our RS presidency walked by. She walked in and was like “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!” There I was in a little spandex number..lol, whipping around on the mats when I saw her. I told her I was trying to relive my youth a little! ;)
The next day was Saturday, and I tried to keep us busy. We have been so bored the past few Saturdays, so we got ready, and went to do some errands. The kids REALY wanted to go see Alice in Wonderland. I let them invite some friends. Poor Gavin called all his friends, and they were all gone or busy. So he had to be my friend, and Hallie had 2 friends. Aubrey, and her cousin Ally. I am just so shocked at how much she has grown up this year. No longer a little girl…..but now a mature “tween”….lol. No matter how big she gets, she will always be my baby girl. I usually do NOT like shows like that, but I really really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend it!:
Sunday we had a full load. I woke up SO SO sore from my tumbling adventures from Friday night-lesson learned! We had a baby blessing of our friend’s the Holfeltz’s. Then Kayler had a talk at our ward…which he threw a few funny antics in, and then threw a fit when he was done because he wanted to do it AGAIN!!! Then I had to sing in a quartet for Relief Society. I hope it went O.K. My voice was a little dry with it being fast Sunday, but the women I sang with have beautiful voices, so it worked out I think.
Yesterday was cleaning day. Then poor Gavin came home from school with a stomach ache. I am a mean mom and when the kids come home, they have to go straight to bed. I don’t want them to think that coming home is a “treat.” So he fell asleep, so did Kayler, and so did I. It felt SO nice. After that we went to my parent’s house because they had just returned from their trip. They brought us all some cute and very precious souvenirs, because they were made by some very very poor children/people of that very poor country. My mom made sure to remember who she bought them from and their circumstances and told my kids. They were so grateful for them. My parents had been on a Book of Mormon tour with a group of people from here and Roosevelt. Just seeing the pictures brought about such a spirit, and I know that the events that happened where they were truly did happen.
So my goodness…..even though it felt like we didn’t do much, we kept busy, and like I said, No drama…just normal family fun!
Tomorrow morning (Wednesday) we head out for MORE testing on my poor little Gav. I am so SICK of trips to Salt Lake. This one is especially long-4 days. He has to have this scan on his tumors Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Then my mom bought us tickets to Disney on Ice for Saturday. So we are going to be busy. Not to mention we are taking Hallie and Kayler too…..so the expense/hassle of it all is just so overwhelming to me, but I know it will be nice to be out of town!
So…here’s to Spring and a good report from the Dr.!!!
9 comments:
Our good friends and neighbors went on that same trip your parents were on. Looks like the had a wonderful time as well. Glad no more drama at your place. It's good to have Family Fun! Take care and good luck with the Dr. in Salt Lake!
Good luck at the doctor and have a good time just being out of the day-to-day routine. Disney on Ice will be great! I felt the same way you did last Thursday... and then... snow. Ugh! Even today... snow again. I know it didn't stick, but still! Spring will come though, right?
I'm laughing about you going tumbling. You kept that one a secret. :) I knew Cheer Review gave you some pep. Now I want to go see Alice in Wonderland. We questioned it but with your review we'll go for sure. Good luck at the doctor. I feel so bad for Gavin and hope they find something out. You will have fun, and Disney on Ice will be awesome. Let me know what they find.
I hope all goes well the rest of this week for you. His tests will turn out great with good news, I know it!! I will keep you guys in my prayers. I must say, I am sooo impressed that you went and you flipping all around. Very impressive!! Way to go!
Sounds like a great week to me. Wow I'm super impressed with you being able to do your “skills”. I highly doubt I could do a toe touch anymore let alone a wicked one.=) I miss dancing that class sounds fun is it just tumbling? I wish you guys the best with your doctor visit this week.
I heard a little about their trip during our RS get together last night.Sounds like it would be awesome to go on one. I love the pictures of Kayler with your grandpa that is soo sweet. I hope it warms up soon for all of our sakes and that all goes well at the dr.
I had friends and neighbors on that trip too. I would have liked to go.
I'm still laughing at you spandex story. I don't think I could fit my little toe in spandex. haha!
Good luck with the tests!
What a week! I guess I'll have to wait a few more days to see ya! Will you be back for church? Maybe we can sit together at RS for possibly one last time!! :( We heard about the split happening this week. :( That will be weird! Have fun in Salt Lake and I hope you get some GREAT news! Good luck with that. Call me as soon as you get a chance!
P.S. Tumbling class sounded fun! :) Wish I could have seen ya!
Post a Comment