What a wonderful time of year. It is
beautiful outside today! I can handle and enjoy almost any kind of
springtime weather.....except the wind. Yesterday was hurricane winds
all day....miserable. Today however...it is so pretty!
We have been very busy. It seems once
May hits then all the end of year activities begin and life just gets
hectic. I will take it though. I hate being bored and stuck at home
all the time.
Here is a bit of journaling for the
pictures below:
Kayler was invited to be on the VIP
AYSO soccer team. It is going OK. He has a “buddy” that chases
and follows him around. It is so the parents get a break and can just
enjoy watching. We have had to step in a few times...but for the most
part it is so cute. I am SO grateful for programs like this. It is so
nice to go to soccer and let him enjoy a sport and not feel a moment
of judgment from other parents/spectators because their kids are
similar in behavior...and they know exactly how we feel!
We are glad to have G.J.'s parents back
in town. We went up a couple weekends ago to check on things for them
before they came home. My kids had never been to the monument by the
ranch dedicated to their Great Great Grandpa Searle who had been
struck by lightning while riding his horse. They were pretty
impressed.
Kayler LOVES Hallie, and most of the
time she is so cute with him. He sat and watched her practice piano
the other day. It was so cute. Speaking of piano...her recital is
this week....and I will admit I am more than ready for it to be over!
It is hard to beg her to practice and get her to lessons every week.
My animal loving daughter insists she
is an “animal whisperer” and I am starting to believe her! There
are a few neighborhood animals that roam....and often we will find
them outside her window or on our front porch waiting for attention
from her. The cat is Sophie the cat. The horny toad is something
Grandpa George found for her at the ranch. It lays on her chest while
she plays her laptop....oh dear!
Kayler had a nice birthday. He doesn't
particularly enjoy his birthday. It is hard for him-and I try so hard
not to let my heart get broken about it. I try so hard to get him
excited and involve him in the planning and offer him options for
things to do for his class at school, with friends, and family. It
was a little bit of a rough day. The wind was blowing and his
allergies picked up. He did love taking treats to school. The kids in
his class are SO sweet and kind to him...which is beyond a blessing.
After school I debated whether or not
to call some of his buddies for a small party at the park...but he
threw a fit when I mentioned it. Oh well...maybe next year. We had
our usual family party in which he was spoiled rotten and had a nice
time!
As for our house....still going slowly but surely. I am grateful things have been going as well as they have...and hope they continue. I can wait to share some more pictures!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kayler!!! How fun for him. I loved the theme. The horny toad scared me. ;) I want to come see your house and look at your options. This week let's get together PLEASE!!!
Cute, Cute, Cute!!! I love the soccer pics and my favorite is the piano one! So sweet! Keep pushing and fighting the piano... I wish my mom would have! I really, really, really want one of those horny toads. We had one for a pet for a while until we roasted it in our hot car.
Post a Comment