I am so sad to realize that one of my
most favorite months has come and gone in the blink of an eye. March
to me means so many things. It is the time of year that the world
seems to be awakening from a deep Winter's sleep. It means fresh air,
spring blooms, beautiful colors, and new life everywhere. I smile a
lot in this month as I see the new baby animals around town. I love
the green leaves suddenly appearing, and the flowers nervously
peeking their heads out of the ground. I love thinking of my sweet
and tender Grandma Bowthorpe, whose birthday is 3 days before mine.
She used to tell me that the very best people had birthdays in
March...and since I was the only grandchild she had born in March-I
felt pretty special!!
But as all things in life...time mush March forth...as we march into April, I hope that we continue to have such a great spring.
I had some WONDERFUL pictures to share
from my birthday....but my sweet little Kayler got ahold of my phone
and deleted all photos and videos. I usually have icloud on my iphone
turned on so I don't have to worry about that happening...it is like
a magical storing device in the sky, but for some reason I had turned
it off. So I lost pictures from my birthday as well as Gavin's 3rd
grade field trip that I had accompanied him on. But let me assure
you....my birthday was awesome, and Gavin was super cute on his field
trip.
So...I will show from the few pictures
that I do have our happenings the past few weeks:
The kids participated in a "Duck Drop" at the Rec Center. It was so cute, they had a blast. Our community really is great if you will just seek out the things that are offered!
These are just a few pictures from our Ward's Relief Society Birthday party. One thing I loved about Maeser 3rd Ward growing up was the thought and planning that goes in to each and every activity. I have loved having my children be a part of some of these activities.
As I write this blog...I am listening to Conference in the background. I can't help but to stop typing as I am filled with the spirit. As the words of Wisdom spoken by our beloved leaders give me goosebumps and a fuller understanding of this life. I feel so grateful always for the thought of being able to repent and start anew. I have a lot to be thankful for....and being a member of this church is definitely among the top of that list of gratitude.
1 comment:
I read this post on my ipod and couldn't comment on it. I think that duck drop looks great!! You're a great friend, and very inspiring to me! And yes, where did March go???
Post a Comment