Saturday, July 11, 2009

The week in a tiny little nutshell.

Boy...a lot has happened since the last post. So I will try to make it as short as possible.

Monday night G.J. left for the week for business stuff out of town. I had to take all 3 kids to Gavin's last T-Ball game. I didn't get to watch much, but I think it went well!



Tuesday started out pretty boring. Then G.J.'s mom decided to save me and let Hallie and Gavin come stay the night at the ranch. Kayler and I were able to get some quality time before my big "date" that night. My cute nephew Drew was also in town visiting. He is 21, and he is going to Fashion Design (or something like that) school in Vegas in a few weeks. I decided he needed to come help me go shopping to help me with my style, see what I look best in, etc. We had the BEST time....seriously. It was so fun. Thanks Drew!



Look at all the loot!


Wednesday started out as a pretty boring day as well, but then Karlee called and invited Candace and I to the booths on the courthouse lawn. I will admit I was SUPER worried about Kayler getting hot, ornery, screaming...you get the picture. I was very very happy that he was such a good boy, and had a great time with his boy pals. It is so cute because Kayler is 3, Tate (middle) is 2, and Jhett is almost 1. They have fun together!



That night Hallie had gymnastics and went to the rodeo parade with some friends. The boys and I just hung around here until Hallie got home. We then went to take a shaved ice to my Grandpa. It was my turn to feed him dinner, but he wasn't up to eating, so we took a shaved ice instead. It was a very hard night emotionally for me being there. We sat on the porch watching the kids play in the field, and I felt the most painful void without my grandma there. I never knew it was possible to feel true physical pain when missing someone. I don't think it had hit me until that moment that my sweet Grandma was gone forever....and that although I will see her again, the time until then is going to be hard. I just loved her so much. Besides my husband, I was closer to her than anyone. I feel like a large part of me is lost without her, but I need to pick up the pieces and re-group...she wouldn't want me to be miserable forever!

Anyways, that night G.J.'s sister called and asked if it was o.k. if she brought all my nieces and nephews out for a visit. She has 2 kids, and they are from Kaysville. She was bringing my other niece and nephew from West Jordan, and one more niece from Murray. They were going to stay at our house, so Thursday I was frantically trying to get beds, bathrooms, food, activities ready. They arrived just in time to see Kayler go to his Special Rodeo. It is for special needs kids, but they let the siblings participate. I am not the most "cowgirl" type, but I wanted my kids to look cute for their rodeo. G.J.'s mom had bought them some outfits awhile back and they had never got to wear them, so I got them all "cowboyed" up, and I was so happy to have my sister-in-law Lisa there to help. The other kids had a lot of fun too. I was also glad that G.J. made it home safely that night.








Friday we went to the Rec. Center, had a barbecue, and then everyone but me and Kayler went to the drive in.




I was so sad to see them go this morning. Sure it is chaos having so many people around, but they are seriously so nice and good. They are all older than my kids, so they helped out a ton. I get along with all my sister/brother-in laws too, especially Lisa.

I had to clean my mom's house this morning. She paid me to clean it before they come home from their trip to Africa/Seychelle Islands. They will be home Monday. G.J. played with the kids, and got a few things done around here. Now he is gone on a computer project out of town (long story....maybe I will blog about it later, grrrrr.) He BETTER be home by 6, because I really want to go to the temple. I feel that is the perfect way to end this week.

So, I think that this weekly blog thing might have to be the way to go for awhile...Things have gone from boring to beyond busy, and that is o.k.....for awhile at least. Hope all is well with whoever reads this!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

great post, sounds like alot of fun going on. the kids look so cute all cowboyed/cowgirled up, love the pink

Candace and Brian said...

So glad you were able to keep busy and have fun while GJ was out of town. I thought you might have went to the drive in because I saw you loading cars up with blankets. :) What a fun surprise visit. I leave Wed. but maybe we can meet up before then!

Karlee said...

Oh my goodness, those kids look so cute all cowboyed up! I love it! Sounds like a crazy week. I am glad that we fit our little hang-out in! That was fun. The craft booths were good too. Isn't it funny how you either have a ton of things going on or nothing at all. Why can't it just be nice and steady!! There are always was too many things packed into July that's for sure!

Kassi Luck said...

Your kids looked so cute all cowboy'd up. Sounds like you have had lots of fun. I feel you pain when it comes to your grandma. I still have moments when I just wish I could talk to her. I loved her and my grandpa dearly but I could just tell my grandma anything and she was always so helpful. When I was going through my divorce I would just go out to the cemetery and cry cause I needed her so bad. It is hard but thank goodness we have the gospel and the knowledge that we will see them again. I don't know how people get through it with out that. Glad you are doing well. TTYL

Danielle Hacking said...

It seems to be crazy busy or dull and boring, but your week sounds fun! Tyson's family is all coming in to town this weekend, so I'm looking forward to some action. Hope you are enjoying your summer, and thanks for your comments on my blog, I appreciate them so much!

The McClellan Clan said...

dang girl, you always surprise me. If I blogged as much as you it would read--
Sat around to day watched the girls use their imagination, sat around somemore, went pee like 100 times and slept!!--hehehe thats about it. I love reading your blog! like I said you always surprise me!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

The kids are so cute in their cowboy clothes! Looks like you had a fun and busy week. I'm so sorry about your grandma. I know how hard it is. It does get easier with time, but there are still lots of moments where it's almost too hard to handle. :(

Janice {Run Far} said...

looks like you are staying busy and happy. love ya

Nathan and Shanna said...

Looks like the time away from GJ wasn't to bad. So glad that you were able to have a lot of fun! Maybe someday we could get together!