Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer passing us by....in lots of good ways!

I don't know if I am a fan of this once a week blogging thing or not. In my "older" age, my memory is starting to fail me, and I can't remember what I did during the week. Thank goodness for my camera, because without it I wouldn't be able to remember where I had been and what I had done. I am the worst photographer though, because I only have 1-2 pictures from each event....pretty pathetic, but I am trying!

Since I am so lazy, I will give the week in a nutshell and then you can play match to try to figure out which pictures go with what!

Monday- I cleaned house, did laundry, errands, etc. Then after a day filled with lots of frustrating thoughts about something in my life (which I may or may not blog about....maybe someday) My cute neighbor and Visiting Teacher Lorraine showed up on my doorstep with some cute sticker books for my kids, a book for me, and best of all, a note that made me just cry with gratitude that the lord would prompt her to say the things she did....it made my day.

Tuesday- We FINALLY got out our big Bonsai slide. It is a TON of work, but the kids had so so much fun. We invited my Sis-in-law and her kids, and some friends over. The kids had a blast. We were going to do it again that evening, so we left it up all day long. Unfortunately the wind came up. Along with that everyone was SO sunburned. Poor Hallie got the worst of it though!

Wednesday-Was pretty boring. We got up, went to school lunch, played at my moms, Hallie had her last gymnastics class of the summer, and I think that is about it.

Thursday- Oh what a day. G.J. worked 4-10's last week so he was able to stay home with the kids while I went to my Dr.'s appt. in Salt Lake, got my hair cut in Park City, and did a little school shopping. G.J. and the kids did great. I had a pretty nice/boring day. The Dr. was pretty intense. She had a medical student with her, as well as a pharmacy student. They must have wanted to impress the Dr. because I was there for over 2 hours answering every question in the world about my health/thyroid issues. I had a TON more tests ran, and we will see this week what the results are. I enjoyed my haircut though. I got some super good deals on a few things for my kids for school. I arrived home to play with the kids and crash in bed after a very long day.

Friday- Was spent playing catch up from being gone the day before. There are always bills to be paid, laundry to be done, house to be cleaned, and errands to be ran. One of those things was going to Wal-Mart. I decided to walk home from Wal-Mart and G.J. took the kids home. I think it is about 3 miles or so. I made it about half way home when a neighbor drove by. He turned around to check on me to see if I was “exercising” or not. I had to laugh…is it really that rare of a sight to seem me out walking!?!? I did have flip-flops on though! He offered me a ride home, and at first I said no. Then he turned around to head home, and gave me one last chance to hop in. My feet were sore, it was hot, and I had to pee…so I got in. What was funny is that I got home…acted really tired, and G.J. didn’t really realize how fast I was. I even told him I had ran. He must have not been paying attention because he told me good job. Heaven knows that I do NOT run! But I couldn’t lie to him!

Saturday- G.J. had to help at his parent’s ranch, so I got a few things done around here. One of the things that I did that was very important this week was to get G.J. and I all registered to visit the 1 week Autism Treatment Center of America…clear in Massachusetts in August. I have SO many emotions about this….too much for this blog post, so maybe another time. But as of Saturday we are registered and paid and all that….so that is why it was a big deal!

My mom and dad offered to take us to the lake that afternoon. We got there…and apparently all of Vernal’s “finest” had decided to go too. There is nothing more sad than seeing parents drinking/smoking/gorging on food under a canopy while their poor little kids play in the dangerous water with hundreds of people without life jackets on, getting sunburned, drinking lake water, stealing our kids toys…K-enough said, I know you all get the picture. My kids had fun though. The only problem was that we forgot our camera in my parent’s truck….so we only got 2 pictures after we were done. Oh well, maybe next time!

When we got home, our neighbor’s the Nielson’s invited us over to roast marshmallows and other yummy treats. It was still super hot to be by a fire, but we all had a nice time. My kids loved playing in the dirt…so they had 2, or was it 3 baths yesterday? We are grateful to have good friends and neighbor’s right next door. I think we will have a lot of fun with that fire pit!

Sunday- Today was church- It was nice. I was busy getting sign ups for the ward cookbook project that I have been overseeing. After church I got a VERY nice nap. This makes like 5 weeks in a row that I have had a super good Sunday nap. It is just what I need to get me ready for this week. We are headed camping on Tuesday until next Saturday or Sunday. I am really excited to get away from home. G.J.’s parent’s borrowed us their trailer, so it will be so nice to have a spot of our own.

So…I noticed summer is officially over half way over. That makes me sad a little, but we have had a lot of fun…and there is still plenty of time to have more fun. Have a great week!









6 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

THat slide looks awesome! I am so sad I missed it. Summer is going by way to quickly. I guess we just need to slow down and make time for each other.

Kassi Luck said...

What a busy week you had. It sounds like you have been very busy!! I hope your results are what you are hoping for. You and GJ are such good parents, some of the things we have to do as parents are not very fun but they have to be done. I am sure you guys will learn so much at that autism conference. Knowledge when it comes to that will be worth so much. I know the more Brooke learns about Madi's disability helps a bunch. You guys are great and I love reading your blog. What great examples you two are. Have fun camping, I am sure we will see you up there. TTYL

Janice {Run Far} said...

that slide looks like so much fun... I bet you, me, Holly and Mandy could really make it fun... ;)

Summer is just about over here. Taylor starts 3rd grade, two weeks from today. Yep, Aug 6th is the first day of school here. UGH

Kelli said...

you are crazy busy all the time. Your so good to keep on going and everyone in your family has so much fun. (my poor family has little fun here and there. hehe)

Nathan and Shanna said...

Your doing better than me at keeping up with your blog. I just got back from being gone for four days and have a ton of catching up to do. I think it is awesome that you are attending that autism conference. What a great example you are to me! Thanks for sharing!

The McClellan Clan said...

hey girl, how you liking your ward and your area for having younger kiddies my kids age and for couples our age??? There is a house for rent up past yours I'm interested in, let me know darlin!!