First off, last Tuesday, I was able to have one more girl’s night with my friend Jill. We went to dinner, got a shaved ice, drove around, and just talked. I feel like she is one of the only people who TRULY knows how I feel. When she moved here a couple of years ago, I was automatically drawn to her wonderful personality. Little did I know at the time that she would be a source of guidance and love and help with Kayler’s Autism issues. Her sweet little Connor, who is 8 now-is autistic, and she is a WONDERFUL mother to not only him, but her other 2 cute kids as well. She is doing a wonderful program to help him with it, and she has really given me lots of info about it. I am really sad that they are moving clear across the country to Virginia this week. It will be good for them though. I know for a fact that she moved here for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones was to help me. Thanks Jill!
The next night I went on another girl’s night to the movie with my sweet friend/neighbor Candace. We went to “My Sister’s Keeper” I felt so bad because I knew it was going to be sad, because I have read the book. Well poor Candace couldn’t stop crying…it definitely wasn’t an uplifting show. I guess I am ashamed to say that I didn’t shed one single tear. I am the type that holds it in….and then all the sudden I start crying and can’t stop. I truly appreciate the friendship I have with Candace. Not only does she share the same name as me, but we are alike in so many ways that it is almost scary. She is a clean/organized freak like me…has a lot of the same thoughts/preferences, and we just “get” each other if that makes sense. The main difference is that she is like 50 lbs skinnier and drop dead gorgeous…but other than that we are very similar.
The rest of the week was spent getting ready for G.J.’s Searle Family Reunion. It is at a place called “The Basin.” It is on Diamond Mountain…kind of by Calder/Matt Warner (like over the hill) It is a private family owned place. It is so beautiful. We saw an owl and deer on the drive in. We stayed in a tent….and WHAT an adventure. It rained buckets upon buckets. Everything we owned was soaked and dirty. We tried our best to have a good time though. Of course it is always fun with good food and G.J.’s fun family!
We came home Saturday night and tried to dry/wash everything out, took a shower, and headed to my cousin Stephanie’s for some fireworks. Hallie and Gavin had a blast, but poor Kayler was scared beyond belief. He just kept his little hands over his ears and cried. It was so sad. She lives pretty close to the big fireworks at the park, but we wanted to drive closer to let the kids see/hear them better. Kayler screamed bloody murder, but Hallie and Gavin thought they were so neat, so we were torn between letting the older kids enjoy themselves, or torturing poor Kayler.
Today was an emotional day. I just have a lot on my plate…a lot of thoughts in my mind….and I am not looking forward to this week. G.J. will be leaving for work on Monday evening, and won’t be back until Thursday evening. My parents are in Africa. I could go with G.J., but it is so stressful to be in the Salt Lake area alone with my kids most of the day at the hotel while he is training. We have nowhere to go really, and no money to go anywhere with….so I will just stay home.
I am however enjoying the nice hot weather. I have one more fun family reunion to look forward to the end of the month. There are a lot of other things to look forward to as well. Well, G.J. is ready for me to help him get the kids in bed, so that is it for this post. If anything blog-worthy happens this week I will hopefully keep up on it a little better! Have a great week!
9 comments:
Good Luck this week! I would say lets do something but we'll be gone all week long. Glad you tried to have fun at the reunion! I love reading your blog, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling the way I do sometimes!
I hope all goes well this week. It is hard having your husband gone. I am glad that you share what you share on your blog. It helps me in more ways than you know. Take care!
I love family reunions! Sorry it rained on you!
Have a great week!
Thanks for the compliment but I think you were being a little too nice. You are beautiful!!!! Brian is leaving Thursday so call me and I would love to hang out-even just meals. I get so lonely even when family is in town. Talk to you soon.
sounds like you are staying busy. I didn't cry in that movie either and all my sister's and two nieces cried like babies. Have you seen the Proposal yet? So funny. I saw it twice out there.
the kids look so cute in their matching shirts for the 4th. Hang in there this week!
I am trying to play catch up with my blog right now! It's hard when ya get behind! Summer time is always hard to keep it updated, but that's the time we need to cause so much is happening! Your kids look so cute in their red, white and blue! I wish I could have gone to the movie with you too! It was fun hanging out today!
Thanks so much for all of your great advice about my sick Jericho. It means a lot and I appreciate it. I took him to the chiropracter for colic - it sounded like craziness to me, but I was so desperate! And it worked. So... I am definately willing to take him back for his ears!!! Thanks again, you're a sweetheart!
looks like fun. I love this time of year IN AMERICA!! it sucks over here right now. I want my summer back. then watch I'll be posting that I'm melting. Never satisified. hehehe
Post a Comment