Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"That" time of Summer!

 
“That” time of summer is here. The time when I realize that it is more than coming to an end. The time when my kids are starting to drive me a tad crazy. The time when it is sort of too hot to play outside all day, and I get sick of being cooped up inside and can't wait until evening to get out! The time when I see the school supplies out in stores and I sort of want to puke(Part excited, part because I can't believe it is that time already!)! Yep...that time of year

I have had a bit of guilt about cheating my kids out of a fun summer because we have been beyond busy with moving....All it takes is a view back at pictures to realize that they have not been cheated at all. Thanks to family and friends, they have had plenty of fun and made plenty of happy memories. Pair that with sleeping in every morning, staying up late, having no schedule or agenda...and they are 3 very lucky kids!!

This past weekend we went to the last family reunion of the summer. For some reason I did not take one picture! It is for my Grandma Bowthorpes Richins family. I am proud to be one of 504 decedents of my Great Grandma and Grandpa Richins. I am their great granddaughter. What is crazy is that in our huge family, we now have 5 Great, great, great, great, great grand children! Crazy. Even crazier is that probably 90% or more of my family lives in Vernal! I am so proud to belong to such a great legacy. My Grandpa Bowthorpe is the only surviving person left. My Grandma's 9 siblings and their spouses have all passed on. So he is all that is left.

Monday Hallie entered into the Fair's table setting contest again. We will see how she did on Thursday.
That night for FHE we went to the Rec. Center. I didn't get too many pictures, but 3 is proof that we went and had fun right??



We went to the 24th of July Parade. My mom watched Sophie so Emily could ride in the parade with Kolby and Rachael. Sophie doesn't love too many adults....but G.J. is among the lucky ones that she does love. She gave him all sorts of snuggles and cuddles. She is adorable.
So that is it for now. We are finally settled in our house to the point that we don't have a million chores/To Do's a day. It is so nice. So I guess whether I like it or not...next week at this time it will be August, and 4 weeks from today my kids start school!

 p.s. I think TONS of people in Vernal saw this full double rainbow that spanned our beautiful town. It was SO refreshing to see-there is just something so promising about rainbows!


No comments: